Outdoor Research Snoqualmie Sombrero

I inherited this hat from my brother in law who sadly…

Fabric: gortex
Price Paid: n/a

I inherited this hat from my brother in law who sadly passed away last year. Not being an outdoor type I can't say how it performs for its designed purpose as a skier/snowboarder hat, but I can say that an a cold wet freezing Sunday morning when I am watching my 10 year old son playing soccer it is wonderful.

It keeps the rain off, the flaps keep my ears warm, and because of the design it doesn't obstruct my all round vision so I can wear it when driving the car.

First rate piece of kit.

When a rainy day can't dampen your spirits, stay protected with the Outdoor Research Snoqualmie Sombrero! Waterproof, with windproof earflaps, this hat allows you to hit the trails or city streets in the worst weather and stay dry! Waterproof Breathable Seam taped Brushed tricot interior for comfort and moisture management Internal Cinch-Band(TM) adjustment Snaps on brim and dome Removable chin cord with cordlock Foam-stiffened brim WINDSTOPPER(R) Technical Fleece tuck away earflaps Weight: 3.8 oz (108 g) - Large

- OMCgear

The granddaddy of rain hats, Outdoor Research's Snoqualmie Sombrero, doesn't just shed rain; it protects and warms your ears as well. The seam-taped, Taslan Gore-Tex crown and foam-stiffened brim help you stay dry through the worst squalls and the Gore WindStopper fleece tuck-away earflaps keep out icy wind-blown mists. The brushed tricot interior with OR's patented Cinch-Band adjustment will keep you comfy, calm, and collected. Convenient snaps on the brim and dome let you flip the brim up to catch those intermittent golden rays.

Even burlier than our award-winning Seattle Sombrero, the Snoqualmie Sombrero takes rain protection to another level. Waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX fabric is combined with WINDSTOPPER technical fleece tuck-away earflaps, keeping you dry, sheltered and as comfortable as possible in brutal mountain weather.

- EMS

The men's Smartwool Trekking Heavy Crew Sock offers insulation against the elements, and supports under weighty loads. An arch brace holds the sock in place and adds additional support. Flat-knit toe seams keeps you comfortable.

- RockCreek

The Snoqualmie Sombrero from Outdoor Research offers great rain and snow protection for any weather that reminds you of that tempestuous mountain pass near Seattle - modified for skiing and snowboarding with ear flaps of Gore WindStopper fleece.

- Mountain Gear