Outdoor Research Stamina Gaiter

These gaiters are great for day hiking with trail…

Summary

These gaiters are great for day hiking with trail shoes or light boots in the summer season. They are so light you hardly notice that you're wearing them. I would recommend this product for anyone who is tired of picking trail debris from their shoes and socks.

Pros

• Easy to put on
  • Breathable

Cons

• Fit a little small

These are the first trail gaiters I've tried, so I can't compare them to others. I've worn full length gaiters for years, and love them for keeping snow and water out of my boots. I never thought of summer gaiters until recently. I was tired of getting debris in my shoes ever time I went for a hike and even tried making my own makeshift gaiters with some cut off athletic socks (didn't work).

Then I heard about trail running gaiters and the search was on. I found the Stamina gaiters at a local retailer and I picked them over several others due to the light weight and simple design. I use them with the included velcro patch that attaches to the back of your shoe. The gaiters come with holes for a strap to go under the shoe, but with the velcro attachment you really don't need the strap.

I've used them on several long hikes in the local mountains and so far I am very pleased. The velcro has come undone a couple of times, but even then the gaiters stayed put. I haven't had to stop once and clean grit out of my shoes. My wife sometimes wears hers without the velcro patch or the bottom strap and they seem to stay in place.

They are not waterproof but they breath very well and they are extremely light. So light I usually forget I'm wearing them. The large/ extra large is the size I bought and they are fine for my size 8.5 trail shoes but I would think they may be a little small for larger feet. Try before you buy.

I can't speak to the long term durability, but at $30 I can afford to replace them if they wear out. If you want to keep the grit out of your shoes and not break the bank, you can't go wrong with the Stamina gaiters from Outdoor Research.

Keep trail dirt and debris out of your trail-runners with the Outdoor Research Stamina gaiters.

Outdoor Research Stamina GaitersEnhance your experience in the great outdoors with the Outdoor Research Stamina Gaiters. These very useful and highly efficient gaiters from Outdoor Research have been designed to keep you dry and free from mud, as you walk or hike along the trail. They provide great breathable comfort for your feet, thanks to their superior construction. The gaiters are also very light, so that you barely feel them on your feet and they do not bog you down. They are waterproof to keep you well protected from getting wet. These gaiters have also been built with hook/loop patches at the heels, which are great at keeping them firmly on your feet, so that they do not come off. They have a drawcord cinch at top for an even better fit. They come in various sizes, so that you can find the right size for you. Enjoy great snow fun with these Outdoor Research Stamina Gaiters.

- SunnySports

Slip on the Outdoor Research Stamina Gaiters before your next run and no longer will muddy conditions get between you and your daily endorphin fix. Silicone panels shrug off dew-soaked foliage, and Movement-Mirroring fabric stretch allows you to run without restriction.

On Sale. Outdoor Research Stamina Gaiter FEATURES of the Outdoor Research Stamina Gaiter Breathable Lightweight Movement-Mirroring Stretch Water-Resistant Silicone Panels Flat-Seam Construction Drawcord Cinch at Top Four Boot Hooks Reflective Print for Safety Silicone Anti-Slip Prints at Heel Hook/ Loop Patches at Heel for Secure Attachment SPECIFICATIONS of the Outdoor Research Stamina Gaiter Weight: per pair: (L/XL): 1.9 oz / 54 g 91% polyester, 9% polyurethane This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

Designed to attach easily to running shoes, Outdoor Research Stamina Gaiters help keep ice, dirt, and trail crud off and out of your shoes and socks, while silicon panels on the stretch fabric shed snow and water.

- EMS