Outdoor Research Trance Sweater

I agree completely with the other review - the jacket…

I agree completely with the other review - the jacket is perfect. I tried on North Face, Mt. Hardwear, Marmot, REI - all their down jackets were too stiff and puffy and left me feeling like Ralphie's little brother in A Christmas Story . . . "I can't put my arms down." This leaves me feeling fully mobile and unconstrained.

If I'm moving around, this keeps me warm into the teens with just a scarf and gloves, and I usually opt for my fleece if it's above freezing.

Fit: I'm 6'0, 175 and I preferred the large. I have longer arms and wanted a little more coverage on my waist.

Drawbacks: the only zippered pocket is the outside napoleon. The hand pockets are secure enough to store my gloves though.

I don't know if they still make this exact model, but def. check out the OR jackets before buying your down.

This is a fantastic lightweight down jacket. Extremely…

Fabric: Down
Fill: 700

This is a fantastic lightweight down jacket. Extremely light at only 14 oz. and packable down to a 1L water bottle size. Although this is not your typical big puffy down jacket, it is very warm and allows for a fleece or two underneath if it gets below 15-20 degrees. I am 6'1" 170lbs. and a medium fits me perfectly. The pockets are big, the elastic hems are nice and it looks good when you are walking around town. I wouldn't want to wear this when there is any precipitation but with a soft shell on top, this is the perfect package for winter hiking, skiing, camping. If you're looking for non-fleece light weight insulation that can be used all year, this is the jacket to get.