Outdoor Research Trance Sweater

I agree completely with the other review - the jacket…

I agree completely with the other review - the jacket is perfect. I tried on North Face, Mt. Hardwear, Marmot, REI - all their down jackets were too stiff and puffy and left me feeling like Ralphie's little brother in A Christmas Story . . . "I can't put my arms down." This leaves me feeling fully mobile and unconstrained.

If I'm moving around, this keeps me warm into the teens with just a scarf and gloves, and I usually opt for my fleece if it's above freezing.

Fit: I'm 6'0, 175 and I preferred the large. I have longer arms and wanted a little more coverage on my waist.

Drawbacks: the only zippered pocket is the outside napoleon. The hand pockets are secure enough to store my gloves though.

I don't know if they still make this exact model, but def. check out the OR jackets before buying your down.

This is a fantastic lightweight down jacket. Extremely…

Fabric: Down
Fill: 700

This is a fantastic lightweight down jacket. Extremely light at only 14 oz. and packable down to a 1L water bottle size. Although this is not your typical big puffy down jacket, it is very warm and allows for a fleece or two underneath if it gets below 15-20 degrees. I am 6'1" 170lbs. and a medium fits me perfectly. The pockets are big, the elastic hems are nice and it looks good when you are walking around town. I wouldn't want to wear this when there is any precipitation but with a soft shell on top, this is the perfect package for winter hiking, skiing, camping. If you're looking for non-fleece light weight insulation that can be used all year, this is the jacket to get.

This streamlined insulator has the right level of warmth to keep you moving in the low digits.

- GearX.com

Ready to work out when you are, the Trance Sweater from Outdoor Research has a close-cut fit for layering and bulk reduction. You'll stay warm with premium, 700-fill down insulation, durable, waterproof construction, and a soft, tricot-lined interior without lugging around extra weight.

- Mountain Gear

Packed with premium 650-fill-power goose down, the Outdoor Research Trance Sweater offers wonderful warmth-to-weight performance. Ripstop polyester shell is durable, lightweight and easily compressed; tricot-lined collar is soft against chin. Box-quilt construction keeps down in place and prevents cold spots. Full-length zipper backed by stormflap keeps the draft out. Stretch cuffs and hem retains heat. Handwarmer pockets with stretch openings keep small items secure; also includes zippered chest pocket. Stuff sack included. Closeout.

Break camp in the dark hours before morning, move warm and strong through the early hours of the day: this lightweight piece functions as a camp sweater or a cold-weather layer. A moderate amount of 700-fill down insulation makes this sweater a light, warm, and highly compressible alternative to fleece. On stormy days the 30D ripstop polyester shell offers windproof protection, while the DWR finish repels moisture. Stretch openings allow your hands to slip into the warm brushed tricot lined pockets whenever the cold nips at your fingertips. The included stuff sack compresses the Trance to the size of a one-liter bottle when pack space is critical.

- Altrec Outdoors

CLOSEOUTS . Outdoor Research's Trance jacket gives you the incredible warmth of 650 fill power goose down in a featherweight package that's ideal for wear around town and in the backcountry. Sewn-through design keeps 650 fill power down in place Compresses easily DWR finish repels moisture Internal storm flap Zip Napoleon pocket Handwarmer and two oversized pockets inside for your hat and gloves Elastic cuffs Length: 28- length Weight: 1 lb. Fabric: 100% polyester shell Lining: 100% polyester Fill: 80% goose down, 20% feathers Care: Machine wash, hang dry CLOSEOUTS . China. Size: S(36-37) M(38-40) L(41-43) XL(44-46) 2XL(47-49)

- Sierra Trading Post

Outdoor Research Trance Sweater

The Trance Sweater has been discontinued.

The Outdoor Research Trance Sweater is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new down insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.