Outdoor Research Transcendent Sweater

Near perfect for me. I used this sweater during my…

Summary

Near perfect for me.

Pros

• Quality
  • Warmth
  • Packability
  • Fit

I used this sweater during my son's scouting weekend and it met all my expectations.

Fit. I am average height and build and the sweater fit very well and was not restrictive at all through a range of motions. The elastic cuff was tight enough to keep the sleeve in place but not so restrictive that it became uncomfortable.

Comfort. I was wearing a base layer and lightweight polar fleece pullover and the sweater kept me warm well into the lower 20's. In windy conditions I wore a shell over it and I remained warm in 28 degree weather and 20 MPH winds. The sweater remained comfortable alone in 15 MPH winds with temps in mid 30's.

This is a great jacket! If you are looking for an…

This is a great jacket! If you are looking for an insulating layer then look no further but there are a few things that could be improved upon, which is why I give it a 4/5.

1) The pockets seem to have been an afterthought for OR. They only have fleece lining on one side and it is on the side against down which leaves your hands to catch a draft from the unprotected side of the pocket. Hopefully that makes sense.

2)  The only down products that I have experience with are sleeping bags and this jacket leaks enough down to leave a feather on me just about every time I mention it. It isn't enough to hurt anything but it is annoying and it makes me wonder how long I have before a lot of down is gone and the insulation is affected.

Visit Outdoor Research's Transcendent Sweater page.

Warm, compressible and incredibly lightweight, the Outdoor Research Transcendent down sweater jacket keeps you warm when the temp drops, and then stuffs into a corner of your pack when not needed.

Outdoor Research Transcendent Sweater for MenFeel comfortable and relaxed wearing the Outdoor Research Transcendent Sweater for Men. The unique zippered Napoleon pockets and the two zippered hand pockets help you keep important items close to you. This product is lightweight and it is easy to transport during your trip, when it is not in use. Since this jacket has 650+ fill down insulation, it keeps you heated and warm. Thanks to the 100% polyester materials on this jacket you can enjoy a soft and delicate product. You can find an outer layer of durable 20D ripstop material that is long lasting and resistant. This product is made with 100% nylon taffeta, which makes this a strong jacket to use. The exclusive 3D lining makes this product breathable and abrasion resistant. Outdoor Research Transcendent Sweater for Men.

- SunnySports

Free Shipping. Outdoor Research Men's Transcendent Sweater FEATURES of the Outdoor Research Men's Transcendent Sweater Lightweight Breathable Brushed Tricot-Lined Collar Internal Front Zip Stormflap Zippered Napoleon Pocket Two Zippered Hand Pockets Left Hand Pocket Doubles as Stuff Sack Stretch Binding at Cuffs Drawcord Hem SPECIFICATIONS of the Outdoor Research Men's Transcendent Sweater Weight: (L): 13.0 oz / 369 g Standard Fit Center Back Length: 28 3/4in. / 73 cm 100% polyester, 20D ripstop outer; 650 fill goose down insulation This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

Outdoor Research Men's Transcendent Down Sweater - Warm, compressible and incredibly lightweight, the Men's Transcendent Sweater by Outdoor Research is built to keep you comfortably insulated when the temperature drops. Made of polyester ripstop with a nylon taffeta lining, this sweater is stuffed with high quality 650+ down fill insulation. The Transcendent will keep you cozy during cross-country rambles or while hanging out in camp. And when not in use, it packs down so small you'll have a hard time not finding space to bring it along. A zippered chest pocket and two zippered hand pockets give you space to secure small essentials at the ready. A brushed tricot-lined collar, drawcord hem and stretch bindings at the cuffs finish off this great mid-layer garment. If you think it might get chilly then there's no reason not to pack the Outdoor Research Men's Transcendent Sweater.

- Outdoorplay