Outgear rucksack

My family had one of these great packs over the last…

Price Paid: -

My family had one of these great packs over the last couple of decades. It took a battering from myself and my three brothers through kinder, primary and high school. The canvas looks a bit worse for wear these days and the chunky YKK zip is not as smooth as it used to be, nevertheless it's still taken out on occasions.

Secondhand models can still be found, Holiak appear to have a few ex-hire rucksacks. Otherwise One Planet has a decent range of canvas packs, but I'll need another 20 years to give a reasonable comparison.

Hi. i just had to post this. I'm 52 and I bought a…

Design: top zip one compartment
Size: about 9-10 litres max
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 10 kg
Height of Owner: 6 foot 1 inch

Hi. i just had to post this.

I'm 52 and I bought a little red one compartment pack "Outgear" "Down to Earth Products" when I was 22.

Mainly use for bikes and bushwalking

The thing is 30 years old and still fine! Zip, everything. Made of light canvas. Most cheapies break in months.

Truly awesome product-pity Outgear seems to have closed down-if anyone knows where I can buy another, let me know.

Should see me out!

Paul

Dianne Crawford

Hi, I work for the owner of Outgear and we are about to re launch some of the classic Outgear products. I wonder if you would help us by providing a 'profile' for your backpack. Could you please let us know any of the below that are relevant to you and your pack.

where you bought the pack

when you bought the pack

how long you have owned it

how long you (and others) have used it

any adventures it joined you on

is it being used now

any repairs it has needed

feel free to add any other information that you feel it relevant. It would be great if we could get a photo of you and the pack, if you can.

many thanks in advance

if you would like to discuss any of this with me, feel free to call me on 0419 320 574

Dianne

Outgear make a great pack. mine is 13-yrs-old and…

Design: daypack
Size: small
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 15
Height of Owner: 95cm

Outgear make a great pack. mine is 13-yrs-old and still in good condition.

Dianne Crawford

any repairs it has needed

many thanks in advance

Dianne

Outgear rucksack

The rucksack has been discontinued.

The Outgear rucksack is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.