Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat Max-Mtn

Best sleeping pad I've ever used. Nice combination…

Best sleeping pad I've ever used.

Nice combination of low weight, toughness and comfort.

It's essentially a foam pad with the ability to put air in to add to the comfort. The foam is different thicknesses for different parts of the body; ie, the foam under your feet and legs is a bit thinner than the foam under your core body area. I've used it spring, summer and fall. I have not used it in winter yet, but I don't foresee it posing any problems in terms of providing insulation and protection from cold-from-below.

It uses a nice outer fabric that is not too slippery. The fabric is quite rugged and it comes with a patch kit. The air valve is metal, not cheap plastic. It is a really well-designed and executed piece. I highly recommend it.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All InsulMat Max-Mtn versions

In addition to the 1 men's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the InsulMat Max-Mtn. Read all reviews »

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Men's InsulMat Max-Mtn

The Men's InsulMat Max-Mtn has been discontinued.

The Pacific Outdoor Equipment Men's InsulMat Max-Mtn is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new self-inflating sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.