Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat Uber Mtn

First, if you're not concerned about shaving every…

Design: 7 oz

First, if you're not concerned about shaving every ounce you can from your pack weight...forget about this pad. I happen to like it and it has served me well.

Latest trip was into the Wind River Range and Titcomb Basin to climb Gannett Peak. Gannett is one tough approach and climb. Over 40 miles round trip. It was ultra important for my son and I to go as light as possible. I slept soundly every night. Not saying I didn't have to reposition my self off and on all night but I do that with any mat.

True, it covers your torso only. But what it does it does well. Good insulation, good padding and best of all you don't even know you're carrying it. We bivied one night from base camp in a NF Bivy sack and it was great! 2.5lb bag 2lb bivy and a Uber. I was comfortable. When buying this I knew it was not going to be like my longer inflatable but I would rather go lite and let the hard work on the trail each day put me to sleep.

Would I buy it again? Yes. Will I use it when backpacking/climbing? YES. Would it be my first choice for a more traditional backpacking trip for a few days? No!

My son and I carried only 38 lbs each for a 5 day trip. Not bad. By the way the tent was a 4lb Nemo Hypno (also reviewed). Happy Trails! JGS

Climbers, mountaineers, and ultra-light backpackers can all benefit greatly from the ridiculously lightweight 3/4-length Pacific Outdoor Equipment 'ber Mtn Sleeping Pad. A thicker, insulated version of P.O.E.'s 'ber-Lite pad, the 'ber Mtn uses cross-core foam to maximize heat retention while keeping the weight at an all-time low. This four-season mat provides core warmth and supports the hips and shoulders. For tailbone and kidney comfort, P.O.E designed the mat to articulate easily at the middle.

Fast Free Shipping on orders over $50. An Uber insulated 4 Season version of our Uber-lite with 1.5 thick, highly insulative, drilled Mtn-Core foam. A sleeping pad that articulates easily at the middle for optimum tail and kidney comfort and insulates when caught out on an unplanned ledge-bivy. REGARDING VALVE PLACEMENT - The valve was originally tested at an angle but it caused discomfort at the shoulder when our testers rolled over on it, hence the valve placement at the head. By placing the valve at the head we were also able to better integrate the open cell insert into the closed cell top and bottom of the Hyper Lite pads that the tool was originally designed for. It was also thought that users normally place some sort of pillow under their head.

- Powderfin.com

CLOSEOUTS . Ideal for the minimalist, Pacific Outdoor's Uber Mountain self-inflating sleeping pad helps you get a good night's sleep and packs easily. Cross-core foam maximizes insulating properties Provides core warmth Supports hips and shoulders Three-quarter length Size (LxWxH): 37x18x1- ” Stuff size: 8x5” Weight: 13 oz. Material: Diamond ripstop nylon CLOSEOUTS . China.

- Sierra Trading Post

Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat Uber Mtn

The InsulMat Uber Mtn has been discontinued.

The Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat Uber Mtn is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 30, 2010 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new self-inflating sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.