Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat Uber Mtn

First, if you're not concerned about shaving every…

Design: 7 oz

First, if you're not concerned about shaving every ounce you can from your pack weight...forget about this pad. I happen to like it and it has served me well.

Latest trip was into the Wind River Range and Titcomb Basin to climb Gannett Peak. Gannett is one tough approach and climb. Over 40 miles round trip. It was ultra important for my son and I to go as light as possible. I slept soundly every night. Not saying I didn't have to reposition my self off and on all night but I do that with any mat.

True, it covers your torso only. But what it does it does well. Good insulation, good padding and best of all you don't even know you're carrying it. We bivied one night from base camp in a NF Bivy sack and it was great! 2.5lb bag 2lb bivy and a Uber. I was comfortable. When buying this I knew it was not going to be like my longer inflatable but I would rather go lite and let the hard work on the trail each day put me to sleep.

Would I buy it again? Yes. Will I use it when backpacking/climbing? YES. Would it be my first choice for a more traditional backpacking trip for a few days? No!

My son and I carried only 38 lbs each for a 5 day trip. Not bad. By the way the tent was a 4lb Nemo Hypno (also reviewed). Happy Trails! JGS

Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat Uber Mtn

The InsulMat Uber Mtn has been discontinued.

The Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat Uber Mtn is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 30, 2010 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new self-inflating sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.