Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat X-Lite Compact

It is a great summer pad. I have hauled it nearly…

It is a great summer pad. I have hauled it nearly 100 miles, and I love the size and the relative ease of use. It takes about 20 or so breaths to fill it. I like it a little underinflated so there is room for me. I really like the size and weight. It rolls down to the size of a nalgene bottle, and it weighs about 16oz.

What I don't like is the lack of R value. I didn't take that into consideration during one trip and was pretty cold during the night. I used my hubby's insulated one the next night and was much more comfortable.

I might buy it again for the size and weight, but I would have to think about adding a few oz and overall size for the insulation. A good night's sleep is an important tool when out in the elements...

Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat X-Lite Compact

The InsulMat X-Lite Compact has been discontinued.

The Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat X-Lite Compact is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

Therm-a-Rest Slacker Hammock House Review

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1 Review

Merrell Men's All Out Blaze Sieve Review

Mt Monadnock NH, Sunday 24 April 2017

BRS 3000W Canister Stove Review

Vikings invade Costa Rica!