Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat X-Lite Compact

It is a great summer pad. I have hauled it nearly…

It is a great summer pad. I have hauled it nearly 100 miles, and I love the size and the relative ease of use. It takes about 20 or so breaths to fill it. I like it a little underinflated so there is room for me. I really like the size and weight. It rolls down to the size of a nalgene bottle, and it weighs about 16oz.

What I don't like is the lack of R value. I didn't take that into consideration during one trip and was pretty cold during the night. I used my hubby's insulated one the next night and was much more comfortable.

I might buy it again for the size and weight, but I would have to think about adding a few oz and overall size for the insulation. A good night's sleep is an important tool when out in the elements...

Great for summer-time insulation from the ground, this rectangular inflatable mattress cuts weight and packs down small. Easily inflated through the brass valve, the six-tube design provides reasonable summer insulation by isolating air movement within. Constructed of heavy-duty nylon for solid durability and weight-savings. Durable water-repellent finish helps protect mattress. Anti-fungal treatment prevents fungus and bacteria from growing inside your pad.

CLOSEOUTS . For the weight-conscious hiker who won't sacrifice full comfort, this is rectangular sleeping at its lightest. Inflatable sleeping pad from Pacific Outdoor has a brass corner valve and a nylon skin. Size (L/W/D): 72x20x2-½” Stuff size: 10x5” Weight: 1 lb. 5 oz. Fabric: 100% nylon CLOSEOUTS . China.

- Sierra Trading Post

X-Lites are the mats for the lite hiker that just can't bring themselves to cut off the handle of

- Snow Leopard Mountain Sports

Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat X-Lite Compact

The InsulMat X-Lite Compact has been discontinued.

The Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat X-Lite Compact is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new air-filled sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.