Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat X-Lite Compact

It is a great summer pad. I have hauled it nearly…

It is a great summer pad. I have hauled it nearly 100 miles, and I love the size and the relative ease of use. It takes about 20 or so breaths to fill it. I like it a little underinflated so there is room for me. I really like the size and weight. It rolls down to the size of a nalgene bottle, and it weighs about 16oz.

What I don't like is the lack of R value. I didn't take that into consideration during one trip and was pretty cold during the night. I used my hubby's insulated one the next night and was much more comfortable.

I might buy it again for the size and weight, but I would have to think about adding a few oz and overall size for the insulation. A good night's sleep is an important tool when out in the elements...

If you've owned or used a Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat X-Lite Compact, please share your experience.

Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat X-Lite Compact

The InsulMat X-Lite Compact has been discontinued.

The Pacific Outdoor Equipment InsulMat X-Lite Compact is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new air-filled sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.