Patagonia Better Sweater 1/4-Zip

men's
Weight 17.3 oz / 490 g
Fabric 9.5 oz 100% Polyester, Sweater-Knit Exterior, Fleece Interior

So warm, on most days you won't need a jacket. Because…

Summary

So warm, on most days you won't need a jacket.

Pros

• Warmth
  • Durability

Because I live in Northern California, on most days the temps don't get below 40 degrees (f) even in the winter. So, on a cold day, my choice has been either a thick jacket that had me sweating if I did any kind of hiking or climbing or a long sleeve tee that wasn't warm enough.

The Better Sweater is thick, which means it's warm and durable. I don't worry about wearing a hole in the elbows and I don't need a jacket. Because it's fleece, it's pretty water repellent.

A very comfortable garment that I highly recommend to people living an outdoor life.

Doesn't really catch your eye in the store, but trust…

Price Paid: Was at Patagonia outlet for $60

Summary

Doesn't really catch your eye in the store, but trust me, you have to try this on. I am HOOKED on these sweaters!

Pros

• SO comfortable
  • Understated and classy
  • Very warm
  • Very durable
  • Suitable for casual or work

Cons

• More colors!!!
  • A bit expensive, wait for sales or hit the Patagonia outlet

I saw these while strolling through the Patagonia outlet in Salt Lake City. Wasn't an eye catcher, more of a "I could use a black sweater" thing. I tried it on and fell in love. I then frantically searched the racks to find more. I bought several that day and have bought several more since.

Looks like a sweater, but has a super comfy fleece lining that makes you feel like you're wearing your favorite sweatshirt.

Works well for business casual environments/board meetings, casual wear. Super cute with winter skirts, sweater tights and boots.

The men's small fits pretty similar to a women's medium. It's just a little less fitted through the waist and looks a little more casual than the women's.

I love Patagonia quality, but am frugal and usually wait for sales.