Patagonia Boaris

Weight 1 lb 11 oz / 765 g
Width Medium
Toe Box Full
Arch / Instep Medium

I love the look and feel of these shoes. These are…

Use: dayhikes, urban

I love the look and feel of these shoes. These are my primary shoes for everyday running around, and I love them for traveling.

Since I won't know if I will be hitting the trails on all of my travels, these shoes ensure I can deal with trails if I do have to encounter them. On road, off road, they are just excellent.

I will say I needed to change out the insole with some Superfeet.

I bought these shoe yesterday at REI (thank you Labor…

Materials: Leather, Vibram Sole.
Use: Steet wear, Dayhikes, Pimpin'
Break-in Period: 1 mile/ 15 minutes.
Weight: Damned if I know.

I bought these shoe yesterday at REI (thank you Labor Day sale!) and as soon as I walked out of the store in my stylish new kicks (which I am ashamed to admit I bought because they looked cool) I felt more like I was wearing nicely padded trail running shoes than street styled day use/light hikers.

I have noticed no break in period and today I hiked 10 miles in my local park to harvest some mugwort. I initially was looking to get Teva B1's, but am super glad I got these.

The only downsides are the stock laces which are made from something resembling light accessory rope and are a bit stiff, but hopefully will break in, and that stupid pull loop at the back of the heel, but these only knock it down half a point from its deserved 5.

Visit Patagonia's Boaris page.

Patagonia's trail worthy Boaris combines classic skate styling with a low-profile Vibram outsole that offers traction through scree fields. Its full-grain leather upper with stainproof pigskin panels is incredibly abrasion-resistant and breathable. The wicking mesh lining and cork footbed (70% recycled) control moisture and odor; the 100% recycled insole provides stable support and underfoot protection for fast-and-light approaches.

- CampSaver.com

Approach the streets with skate style when you slip on the Boaris Shoe from Patagonia as it has all the comfort of a skateboarder's shoe but with the good looks of natural leather and cork construction. Durable full-grain leather uppers are long-lasting and stain proof, nylon lace eyelets don't wear down the laces, and most importantly, your feet are protected by an injection-molded nylon arch and a cush POLI-CORK footbed crafted with 70% recycled materials.

- Mountain Gear

From the coffee shop to the crags, the Patagonia Mens Boaris Shoe combines skate style with trail-worthy performance. Patagonia lined the full-grain leather upper with wicking mesh infused with bamboo charcoal to manage odors on summer days. The recycled foam footbed also features carbon to neutralize foot funk, and a nylon arch shank supports your foot on rocky paths. The low-profile Vibram sole gives you traction on the sidewalks or the scree fields.

Men's Patagonia Boaris Shoes pack hiking shoe powers in a casual shoe style. The low-profile Vibram sole grips uneven terrain when your casual outing turns epic. A full-grain leather upper with stain-proof pigskin will survive trail-side rocks and bar-side spills. Keep your feet cool, dry and funk-free with a wicking mesh liner. The 70 percent Patagonia recycled cork footbed molds to your foot for the ultimate in comfort. 100 percent recycled insoles are stable and support your feet, protecting you from pointy rocks and roots. Hit the town after hitting the trail in the Patagonia Boaris shoe. Upper Material: full grain leather, stain-proof pigskin leather panels. Lining: Trek-Dry mesh. Footbed: POLI-CORK 70% recycled open cell foam with odor-neutralizing carbon, cork . Sole: Low Profile Vibram. Arch Support: Medium. Manufacturer Warranty: Lifetime. Patagonia Air Cushion Plus. Medium width, full toe box, medium arch/instep. Weight: 13.5 oz.. Color: Gothic Olive/Retro Khaki

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

Patagonia Boaris

The Patagonia Boaris is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.