Patagonia Capilene 3 Midweight Bottoms

Excellent base layer bottoms. I was looking for a…

Summary

Excellent base layer bottoms.

Pros

• Warm

I was looking for a comfortable pair of base layer bottoms to keep me warm under my work dress pants. These things were perfect. I am about 5'11" 180 lbs with a 33/34 inch waist and I think the medium is a perfect fit. These bottoms are form fitting but not so constricting where it feels too tight or decreases my mobility.

The material is very soft to the touch and stretchy. I have read stories about other base layer materials getting ripped by toe nails when people have tried to put them on, but this material has so far been very durable and doesn't seem prone to getting ripped by a toe nail snag.

The moisture and heat control seem to be pretty good with this material. I am on my feet at work for 8 hours a day and I never feel sweaty or cold in these.

Unless it's absolutely freezing, I would recommend getting these. Based on reviews, the Capilene 4 doesn't seem that much warmer. If you really want a heavyweight bottom, the Patagonia Piton bottom seems like it would do the job.

If you've owned or used a Patagonia Men's Capilene 3 Midweight Bottoms, please share your experience.

Patagonia Men's Capilene 3 Midweight Bottoms

currently retails for:

where to buy:

Weight 6.6 oz / 187 g
Solid Fabric 5.4oz Polartec® Power Dry® 100% Polyester Double-Knit, 65% Recycled, Gladiodor®
Heathered Fabric 5.4 oz Polartec Power Dry 100% Polyester Double-Knit, 51% Recycled, Gladiodor®