Patagonia Classic Windproof Jacket

It rocks. I never believed in Windstopper because…

Fabric: PEF enhanced fleece
Price Paid: $95 on sale

It rocks. I never believed in Windstopper because my LL Bean was simply not insulating. But when one of the gear web site chapter 11'd, the deal was too good to pass up. I wore the Pata in Banff at -10F, in driving freezing rain for two hours, and in all the niceties of a Chicago winter and always stayed warm and dry. Also beathes well up well into the 50s. For it warmth, it also packs down amazingly well. Actually, about the same size as my Marmot Polarguard 3D. The only downside is that the cut is a bit boxy.

Looked for a windproof fleece that's also comfortable.

Fabric: Patagonia's windstopper
Price Paid: +/- $150

Looked for a windproof fleece that's also comfortable. This one is small when packed, totaly windproof and FEELS NICE.

Most other windstoppers don't have a nice tough on the inside. This one does, the best is the collar, wich is fitted with the softest fleece I've even feld.

This is no technical fleece (no pittzips e.g.) but with a technical shell you don't need that.

If you haven't bought a shell yet: buy a small one, because it will be in your backpack all the time!

Patagonia Classic Windproof Jacket

The Classic Windproof Jacket has been discontinued.

The Patagonia Classic Windproof Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.