Patagonia Drifter 2.0 Waterproof - Men's

Solid all-around waterproof hiking boot. Very solid,…

Summary

Solid all-around waterproof hiking boot.

Pros

• Warmth
  • Quick break in
  • Substantial sole
  • Waterproof
  • Moisture wicking

Cons

• The sole moves slightly in the right foot (maybe manufacturing error)
  • Slick on wet concrete
  • Slightly heavy

Very solid, very comfy hiking boot. I have used as a waterproof shoe to walk around Bellingham, WA, without having soggy wet feet. I also spent a week using these shoes while staying in a cabin for a week in Plain, WA,  while there was a record amount of snowfall. All of the time using these boots my feet have remained dry and warm. I don't think these would be a good choice for summer weather.

Another note: While storing these shoes in the car a jug of water spilled and put about a cup of water inside. Because I did not have any other shoes with me I was forced to put them on with the inside soaked. I am pleased to report that while my feet were wet they were still warm, and it seemed like the amount of water in the shoe decreased as I wore them. Perhaps the moisture wicking inside helped release some of the water.

Overall I recommend these shoes.

Patagonia Men's Drifter 2.0 Waterproof

The Patagonia Men's Drifter 2.0 Waterproof is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 31, 2015 at REI.

Gregory Citro 25 Review