Patagonia Drifter Gore-Tex

Weight 2 lb 1 oz / 936 g
Width Medium
Toe Box Full
Arch / Instep Medium

Wow.... I don't know what more I can say about these…

Break-in Period: 1 week

Wow....

I don't know what more I can say about these shoes!!!! I ride public transportation in the morning (because I'm in college and can't buy gas even those my university is only a few miles away...but I can buy shoes!!!) and I usually wear sambas. However they started to not cut it anymore, standing in the cold snow of Northern Utah!

So I thought to myself "hey my hiking boots are gore-tex, I should get a low cut pair for daily use" and I found a pair! The Patagonia Drifters!!! Super comfy, super warm! Seems durable with a vibram sole! Perfectly waterproof! Plus they just look good! I've had them for a few months now and seriously they have done everything I've needed!

I love my Drifters!!! Buy them if you spend al ot of time on your foot! but sizing is a bit tricky, I wouldn't have got them if I couldn't have tried them on.

Overall, I would say these are pretty good shoes. …

Overall, I would say these are pretty good shoes.

I have read a couple of reviews that suggest that the shoes are sized somewhat small.  What might be more accurate to say is that the shoes have a fairly pronounced heelcup, and it is necessary to set the heel back into the cup before lacing the shoes on.  The fit is very good when this step is followed.

The materials used to construct the shoes are very high quality.  Capilene might not have been my first choice to have as material for the ankle collar, but I suppose time will tell how well it holds up.

The only real surprise I had with these shoes was to discover that the seams are only single stitched.  Perhaps I should have examined the seams more closely before I bought the shoes.  No doubt Patagonia would replace the shoes should the stitching start to come undone.  But this is something I will certainly pay closer attention to with future purchases.

These shoes are well suited to carrying a moderate pack, cycling, and extended hikes.

This is hands down the best shoe I have ever owned.

This is hands down the best shoe I have ever owned. I originally wanted to get the olive coloured non-Goretex, but they were discontinued. I therefore purchased the GTX and was simply amazed.

Almost 2 years later and the shoe still fits like the day I bought them. Also, they fit like I had been wearing them for a few months the first time I slipped into them. The Goretex was such a treat and kept my feet dry and warm.

Great for casual or for light hiking, I used them plenty for both purposes.

Visit Patagonia's Men's Drifter Gore-Tex page.

Environmental consciousness and performance blend together in Patagonia's Drifter GTX. Recycled materials used throughout the shoes, combined with a Gore-Tex bootie, deliver hiking boot protection and comfort in a low-cut package.

- EMS refers to the men's version

The Patagonia Drifter GTX is a completely waterproof low-top hiking shoe that's stable and supportive under moderate loads and comfortable on long walkabouts.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . Drifting off the path is all the more fun in Patagonia's Drifter Gore-Texand#174; hiking shoes. These tough, low-top shoes lock out wet conditions with Gore-Texand#174; waterproofing, and provide plenty of stability and support under moderate loads. Available Colors: FORGE GREY. Sizes: 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13, 14.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

With a full-grain leather upper, a waterproof Gore-Tex membrane and a Capilene lining to wick moisture Patagonia's Drifter Gore-Tex shoes your feet will never be wet and squishy in these babies. The 100% recycled polyethylene/polyurethane insole board provides support that your feet won't covered when you're toting an overstuffed daypack. PRODUCT FEATURES: # Waterproof full grain leather upper; bellows tongue to keep out debris Quick-drying Capilene lining made from recycled material that wicks away moisture GORE-TEX fabric waterproof/breathable lining POLI-CORK 70% recycled open cell foam footbed with carbon to neutralize odor and cork to move moisture naturally; Patagonia Air Cushion Plus provides shock absorption Bi-Fit 80% post-consumer recycled polyurethane waterproof insole board provides support and stability underfoot Vibram Trail Ecostep outsole with 30% recycled rubber provides excellent traction Gore-Tex gasket waterproof/breathable construction Intended Use: hiking, casual Medium width, full toe box, medium arch/instep 468 g (1 lb .5 oz)

- Appalachian Outdoors refers to the men's version