Weight 2 lb 1 oz / 936 g
Width Medium
Toe Box Full
Arch / Instep Medium

Wow.... I don't know what more I can say about these…

Break-in Period: 1 week

Wow....

I don't know what more I can say about these shoes!!!! I ride public transportation in the morning (because I'm in college and can't buy gas even those my university is only a few miles away...but I can buy shoes!!!) and I usually wear sambas. However they started to not cut it anymore, standing in the cold snow of Northern Utah!

So I thought to myself "hey my hiking boots are gore-tex, I should get a low cut pair for daily use" and I found a pair! The Patagonia Drifters!!! Super comfy, super warm! Seems durable with a vibram sole! Perfectly waterproof! Plus they just look good! I've had them for a few months now and seriously they have done everything I've needed!

I love my Drifters!!! Buy them if you spend al ot of time on your foot! but sizing is a bit tricky, I wouldn't have got them if I couldn't have tried them on.

Overall, I would say these are pretty good shoes. …

Overall, I would say these are pretty good shoes.

I have read a couple of reviews that suggest that the shoes are sized somewhat small.  What might be more accurate to say is that the shoes have a fairly pronounced heelcup, and it is necessary to set the heel back into the cup before lacing the shoes on.  The fit is very good when this step is followed.

The materials used to construct the shoes are very high quality.  Capilene might not have been my first choice to have as material for the ankle collar, but I suppose time will tell how well it holds up.

The only real surprise I had with these shoes was to discover that the seams are only single stitched.  Perhaps I should have examined the seams more closely before I bought the shoes.  No doubt Patagonia would replace the shoes should the stitching start to come undone.  But this is something I will certainly pay closer attention to with future purchases.

These shoes are well suited to carrying a moderate pack, cycling, and extended hikes.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Drifter Gore-Tex versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Drifter Gore-Tex. Read all reviews »