It is warm, but my fleece jackets that were cheaper…

It is warm, but my fleece jackets that were cheaper are just as warm or warmer and more durable in the brush and sharp rocks. I like the wind protection above what a cheaper fleece can offer though.

I also really like that I can pack this sucker down pretty small which is a big deal since I do not really have a lot of pack space. This is where the jacket proves its worth to me.

It's annoying though that the pocket zippers consistently eat up the lining. I originally thought that this jacket would almost entirely replace my fleece but I have ended up not using it as much as I thought I would.

However the jacket has not left me shivering or regretting that I brought it along. I feel like if you really want a cold weather warrior then this one may not be for you.

Patagonia Eco Puff Jacket

The Eco Puff Jacket has been discontinued.

The Patagonia Eco Puff Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 1, 2014 at Patagonia.com.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review