Patagonia Eco Puff Jacket

It is warm, but my fleece jackets that were cheaper…

It is warm, but my fleece jackets that were cheaper are just as warm or warmer and more durable in the brush and sharp rocks. I like the wind protection above what a cheaper fleece can offer though.

I also really like that I can pack this sucker down pretty small which is a big deal since I do not really have a lot of pack space. This is where the jacket proves its worth to me.

It's annoying though that the pocket zippers consistently eat up the lining. I originally thought that this jacket would almost entirely replace my fleece but I have ended up not using it as much as I thought I would.

However the jacket has not left me shivering or regretting that I brought it along. I feel like if you really want a cold weather warrior then this one may not be for you.

Ideal as outerwear or insulation in cold weather, the Eco Puff Jacket is made of all-recycled, windproof polyester ripstop shell fabric that blocks wind and has a Deluge(R) DWR (durable water repellant) finish to shed moisture. True to its name, the Eco Puff is insulated with 100-g Thermogreen(R) polyester, which is 90% recycled, stays warm when wet and is quilted so it won't clump, separate or drift. The jacket's tall collar, elasticized cuffs and drawcord hem conserve your heat. Stuff your cold hands in the warm, zippered handwarmer pockets and secure your stash in an interior zippered chest pocket. Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program.

- Patagonia.com refers to the men's version

The Eco Puff men's jacket from Patgonia offers lightweight, windproof and compressible warmth. Plus, it's made with 100% recycled fabric and insulation! Recycled polyester ripstop shell offers lightweight durability and weather protection; Thermagreen polyster fibers insulate even when wet and dry quickly. Durable Water Repellent finish causes water to bead up and roll off, fending off light rain showers and snow. Features a full-length front zipper with internal windflap. Includes 2 zip handwarmer pockets and an internal zip stash pocket. Regular cut eases layering. Eco Puff is 100% recyclable through Patagonia's Common Threads Recycling Program-simply return your worn out item to Patagonia.

- REI refers to the men's version

Patagonia Eco Puff Jacket

The Eco Puff Jacket has been discontinued.

The Patagonia Eco Puff Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 1, 2014 at Patagonia.com.

If you're looking for a new synthetic insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.