Patagonia Guide Pants

Hard to beat these pants on the mountain. Well constructed…

Summary

Hard to beat these pants on the mountain. Well constructed and comfortable!

The fit of these pants is great. They're comfortable both on the chairlift and on the trail. They're windproof yet breathable. I wear a base layer of Capilene and I'm good to go!

I purchased these pants for winter hiking in the Northeast.

I purchased these pants for winter hiking in the Northeast. To date I have used them on every winter trip for the past 2 years. They are great! If I could give them a higher rating than 5 I would.

They breath well, even when working hard (and I usually sweat a lot even in the winter when I am working hard). When they do get wet, the dry very fast. They do not ride up like some other pants I've worn.

They kept me warm all day without a base layer, down to about 10 deg. F. with a good 50 mph wind. They may work well even past that, but I have not put them to the test yet. Maybe this year :) They also offer great wind protection. Great durability, and I have put them to the test... They are not the lightest pants on the market, but for the price they are perfect!

Best pants I've found for long distance cold weather…

Fabric: Swiss Schoeller

Best pants I've found for long distance cold weather backpacking. I used it for 10+ day backpacking trips in Alaska, for two seasons. Walked through a lot of typical Alaskan bushes and the pants still looked quite new. I also walked them through many a glacial stream and they're very water repellent - water just beads off the surface.

The other nice thing about the pants is the thigh pocket. I put Clifbars, sunglasses, knives, headlamps in it. Only thing is that while there's only one thigh pocket on the right leg, I wish there's a matching one on the left. The handwarmer pockets are not very useful though.

The zippers at the bottom of the leg openings are very nice. Unzip them to form a boot cut style leg, if you think tapered legs look dorky :) My only concern about the pants is the snap-on button. I just hope the fabric won't rip out around it.

Rockin pants!!! I was looking for a slim-fitting snowpant…

Rockin pants!!! I was looking for a slim-fitting snowpant for snowshoeing and winter hiking. These are slim enough so they won't get in the way, but I have enough room to freely move and layer underneath. The bottom of the pants are nice and narrow and can be easily tucked inside winter boots. I love them!

If you've owned or used a Patagonia Guide Pants, please share your experience.

Patagonia Guide Pants

currently retails for:
MSRP: $179.00 (men's)

where to buy:

men's
Weight 18 oz / 510 g
Fabric 7.1 oz, 90-Denier 60% Nylon, 29% Polyester, 11% Spandex Stretch Woven Fabric, DelugeĀ® DWR Finish