Patagonia Guide Pants - Women's

Rockin pants!!! I was looking for a slim-fitting snowpant…

Rockin pants!!! I was looking for a slim-fitting snowpant for snowshoeing and winter hiking. These are slim enough so they won't get in the way, but I have enough room to freely move and layer underneath. The bottom of the pants are nice and narrow and can be easily tucked inside winter boots. I love them!

Best pants I've found for long distance cold weather…

Fabric: Swiss Schoeller

Best pants I've found for long distance cold weather backpacking. I used it for 10+ day backpacking trips in Alaska, for two seasons. Walked through a lot of typical Alaskan bushes and the pants still looked quite new. I also walked them through many a glacial stream and they're very water repellent - water just beads off the surface.

The other nice thing about the pants is the thigh pocket. I put Clifbars, sunglasses, knives, headlamps in it. Only thing is that while there's only one thigh pocket on the right leg, I wish there's a matching one on the left. The handwarmer pockets are not very useful though.

The zippers at the bottom of the leg openings are very nice. Unzip them to form a boot cut style leg, if you think tapered legs look dorky :) My only concern about the pants is the snap-on button. I just hope the fabric won't rip out around it.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Guide Pants versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Guide Pants. Read all reviews »

Patagonia Women's Guide Pants

The Women's Guide Pants has been discontinued. It last appeared in Patagonia's 2010 product line.

The Patagonia Women's Guide Pants is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 7, 2015 at Patagonia.com.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review