Patagonia Ice Field Jacket

I purchased this jacket WITHOUT giving a crap for…

I purchased this jacket WITHOUT giving a crap for rewards. I buy the best gear for what I need, not by what someone else says. With that said:

I purchased the jacket for backcountry AT skiing (I use bibs for pants) and for technical mountaineering. Read my profile for my fit. I found the jacket to be a bit large (jacket size is Lg because I need torso length). The extra fabric is annoying when belaying. The H2no material is not up to par with GTX pro-shell. The shell needs to be treated after 1 season of use.

It has a ton of pockets in the right places, the warmth to weight ratio is pretty decent and the durability of the outer shell is great.

The hood does not come off or stow in the collar but fits my helmets and when I'm just wearing a beanie.

Overall, the jacket is a good purchase. You will be happy. Make sure you try on the jacket prior to purchase and you consider all options.

My second go-to setup is an Arc-teryx with down sweater for mid layer. Both seem to have the same warth but the pro-shell is better in wet snow conditions.

this jacket won 2008 outside of the year gear award…

Price Paid: 200 bucks

this jacket won 2008 outside of the year gear award and i can say wowwwwwww they couldn't b wrong. this jacket has insulation 4 when it gets dam right chilly, big pockets, and pit zips 2 cool u off. im glad i got it.

Patagonia Ice Field Jacket

The Ice Field Jacket has been discontinued.

The Patagonia Ice Field Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 8, 2014 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new snowsport jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.