Patagonia Lightweight Sun Hoody - Men's

Weight 9.5 oz / 269 g
Fabric 4.7 oz 100% Polyester Jersey / 30 UPF Sun Protection

Great lightweight sun protection. I am 6'2" 170pounds.

Great lightweight sun protection.

• Blocks sun
  • Cool

• Runs large
  • Hood too big

I am 6'2" 170pounds. I bought an XL for the arm length but the rest of it is WAY TOO BIG. The hood is like I'm in assassins creed and there are no adjustments.

On the plus side, it is very light, keeps me cool and most of all stops the sun. Because it runs big layering is a problem so I limit it to spring/fall or cool summer mostly.

I'll get more but probably go a size smaller.

One of the best tech shirts you can (and should) buy.

Source: received it as a personal gift

One of the best tech shirts you can (and should) buy.

• Very lightweight
  • Smooth against skin
  • Hood for sun protection

• Smell due to synthetics

Living in SoCal, sun protection is key. The quest is always on to find something lightweight but longsleeves.

This shirt has all of that in spades. I remain cool despite having long sleeves, the hood is great to keep the sun off the back of my neck and isn't too obtrusive when hiking.

The only downside, as with all synthetics, is that the odor builds up for multiple uses between washings. It's really not as bad as other synthetics and the positives significantly outweigh this one negative. Definitely a must pick up!

Patagonia Men's Lightweight Sun Hoody

The Patagonia Men's Lightweight Sun Hoody is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 27, 2013 at Ramsey Outdoor.

If you're looking for a new long sleeve performance top, check out the best reviewed current models.

Backpacker's Pantry Charros Beans & Rice Review