Patagonia Lightweight Travel Pack

Great for motorcycle camping. I have used about six…

Design: Lightweight top loading daypack
Size: 1200 cu. inches
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: Approximately 15 pounds
Height of Owner: 6' 2"

Great for motorcycle camping. I have used about six different lightweight day packs for motorcycle camping and this one is the best by far. When traveling on the highway, I buckle the shoulder straps around the bars of my luggage rack. When I arrive at my site, I fill the day pack with clothing and gear from my saddle bags and walk to my campsite. After setting up my site, I use the pack to carry gear on hikes or short beach trips. At night, I use the pack as my pillow.

This pack is extremely lightweight, compressible, water resistant, and practical. It holds a considerable amount of gear and the shoulder strap buckles offer additional options.

My one complaint is the price. I bought mine on sale but would hesitate if I had to pay $100. Also, don't expect to carry heavy loads for several hours - the shoulder straps are not padded.

If you've owned or used a Patagonia Lightweight Travel Pack, please share your experience.