Patagonia Merino 2 Lightweight Crew

men's
Weight 7.4 oz / 210 g
Fabric 4.9 oz / 165 g 80% Chlorine-Free Merino Wool / 20% All-Recycled Polyester

Everyone should have a base layer like this!! I never…

Summary

Everyone should have a base layer like this!!

Pros

• Very breathable
  • Does not hold body odor
  • Soft and comfortable
  • Dries fast

Cons

• Expensive

I never thought I would ever spend $50+ on a base layer. I am glad I did!!

I have used this base layer for over 4 years now and it is still good as new.

I wear this shirt while hiking as a T-shirt when it is warm and as a base layer while hiking when it is cold. It is very comfortable and soft. It is very, very breathable. It wicks sweat away from the body and sweat evaporates off it very fast. The main thing I love about this base layer is it minimizes friction between a heavy backpack and your body.

It is just a simple shirt that provides wonderful functionality. I highly recommend every backpacker/hiker use a shirt like this as a base layer.

This is a great lightweight merino wool layer. It…

Fabric: Merino Wool

This is a great lightweight merino wool layer. It works just like the best merino wool baselayers are suppose to work: Like a thermos.

From the moment I put it on I could feel the warm air layer envelop the skin. Because it's only a Merino 2 (not a 3 or 4 - it's a lightweight, for sure) it doesn't hold the heat in by itself when the temps dip below 45F. I wouldn't wear outside without more layers under 50F in less than moderate activity.

That said, this Patagonia merino baselayer regulates bodyheat better than Patagonia's similar Capilene (synthetic) baselayer. I rarely sweat below 70F in heavy activity, and I can feel the heat coming off the fabric when I'm indoors in overheated rooms.

I highly recommend this.

There is slight itching in the wool after a while during the first few wearings. Either it goes away or I've gotten used to it. It's so subtle, I thought twice about mentioning it.

Worth the money past any synthetic baselayer, for sure. And it doesn't smell quite as bad as synthetics, either.

Visit Patagonia's Men's Merino 2 Lightweight Crew page.

You're half a day late, the bus offers standing room only, and it feels like the Carter administration since last you slept. Yet, in spite of it all, you're dry, comfortable and up for more. This go-anywhere crew combines a comfortable feel with wool's inherent benefits for going places: softness, natural odor control and warmth. Our most versatile merino baselayer fabric, Merino 2, keeps you dry and comfortable during active pursuits in cool to warm conditions. It breathes, regulates body temperature, stretches and has a great warmth-to-weight ratio. Our wool comes from non-mulesed Australian merino sheep. We slow wash it for softness and shrink-resistance without the use of environmentally harmful chlorine, and blend it with 20% polyester (100% recycled) for increased durability, resilience and moisture management. The raglan-sleeve design and offset side seams lie smoothly beneath pack straps. Machine wash cold; machine dry at low temperatures. Featuring bluesign(R) approved fabric.

- Patagonia.com refers to the men's version

Free Shipping. Patagonia Men's Merino 2 LW Crew FEATURES of the Patagonia Men's Merino 2 LW Crew Fine merino wool responsibly sourced from the grasslands of Patagonia and blended with Capilene polyester for improved wicking, durability and dry time 18.9 micron-gauge yarn; jersey-knit construction Set-in sleeves reduce chafing Elastic thumb loops on inner cuffs Side seams offset to minimize irritatio Slow-washed without chlorine to prevent shrinkage bluesign approved fabric Machine-wash cold, tumble dry at low temperature SPECIFICATIONS of the Patagonia Men's Merino 2 LW Crew Slim fit Weight: 7 oz / 199 g 4.9-oz / (165-g) 80% chlorine-free merino wool 20% polyester (100% recycled) This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

When you?re on the road, and living on caffeine, chalkdust and the satisfaction of sending hard routes, this lightweight, breathable T-shirt made from Merino 2 will keep you warm, comfortable and welcome among friends. Our most versatile merino baselayer, it?s wonderfully soft and naturally odor-resistant. Built for active pursuits in cool-to-cold conditions, it breathes, stretches, regulates body temperature and has a great warmth-to-weight ratio. Our fine merino wool is responsibly sourced from the grasslands of Patagonia. We slow wash it for softness and shrink resistance, without the use of chlorine, then blend it with Capilene polyester (100% recycled) for increased durability, dry times and moisture management. The offset shoulder seams lie smoothly beneath pack straps. Machine wash cold; machine dry at low temperatures. Featuring bluesign approved fabric.

- RockCreek refers to the men's version

Stay warm and comfortable in cool-to-cold conditions in the Patagonia Merino 2 Lightweight Crew which is made of 80% merino/20% Capilene fiber blend.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version