Patagonia Nomad Gore-Tex

refers to the men's version

The Nomad was built for sustained backcountry hiking and is indifferent to wet, slick terrain or foul weather. The full-grain leather upper has a Gore-Tex barrier and a bellows tongue. A dual-density recycled polyethylene/polyurethane insole affords lateral support on uneven surfaces and the Vibram EcoStep (30 percent recycled rubber) lug outsole keeps a steady grip even on mixed terrain. An air-cushioning disk in the 15-percent recycled EVA foam midsole helps heel stability. The 70-percent recycled synthetic-cork footbed has a carbon component with antimicrobial qualities and the fast-wicking, quick-drying Capilene lining has natural odor control. The leather meets ISO-14001 standards for environmental stewardship.

men's
Weight 2 lb 9 oz / 1162 g
Width Width
Toe Box Full
Arch / Instep Medium

Right out of the box I took these boots on a five…

Materials: leather, goretex, capaline lining
Use: long trail hikes
Break-in Period: none

Right out of the box I took these boots on a five day hiking trip. They were comfortable, grippy on slick-rock, kept my feet clean through the dust and kept my feet dry at stream crossings and through the wet meadows. I kept them on even in camp until I crawled in my sleeping bag.

This is a men's boot, but my feet are wide at the ball of my foot and I have a narrow heel and they fit just right. I might want a little more lateral support for a fully loaded, longer backpack trip. Also, the lining does catch seeds, but it is hard to find leather lining anymore which doesn't do that.

Patagonia Nomad Gore-Tex

$185.00 (men's)

The Patagonia Nomad Gore-Tex is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.