Patagonia Nomad Gore-Tex

The Nomad was built for sustained backcountry hiking and is indifferent to wet, slick terrain or foul weather. The full-grain leather upper has a Gore-Tex barrier and a bellows tongue. A dual-density recycled polyethylene/polyurethane insole affords lateral support on uneven surfaces and the Vibram EcoStep (30 percent recycled rubber) lug outsole keeps a steady grip even on mixed terrain. An air-cushioning disk in the 15-percent recycled EVA foam midsole helps heel stability. The 70-percent recycled synthetic-cork footbed has a carbon component with antimicrobial qualities and the fast-wicking, quick-drying Capilene lining has natural odor control. The leather meets ISO-14001 standards for environmental stewardship.

Weight 2 lb 9 oz / 1162 g
Width Width
Toe Box Full
Arch / Instep Medium

Comfortable, good support, slip proof, but vibrant…

Summary

Comfortable, good support, slip proof, but vibrant sole wears quickly.

Pros

• Comfortable with good support

Cons

• Vibram soles, although almost slip proof, wear out much too fast

These boots are super comfortable right out of the box. They provide great support, are water proof, and are slip proof on most hiking surfaces.

The only downside is the Vibram soles wear out quickly. Mine are pretty much shot only after only two seasons.  The "sole" reason for only 3 stars!

Right out of the box I took these boots on a five…

Materials: leather, goretex, capaline lining
Use: long trail hikes
Break-in Period: none

Right out of the box I took these boots on a five day hiking trip. They were comfortable, grippy on slick-rock, kept my feet clean through the dust and kept my feet dry at stream crossings and through the wet meadows. I kept them on even in camp until I crawled in my sleeping bag.

This is a men's boot, but my feet are wide at the ball of my foot and I have a narrow heel and they fit just right. I might want a little more lateral support for a fully loaded, longer backpack trip. Also, the lining does catch seeds, but it is hard to find leather lining anymore which doesn't do that.

Patagonia Men's Nomad Gore-Tex

The Patagonia Men's Nomad Gore-Tex is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.