Patagonia P26 Mid

men's
Weight 1 lb 2 oz / 510 g
Width Medium
Arch Support Medium

Super lightweight and the most comfortable/supportive…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Super lightweight and the most comfortable/supportive trail boot I've worn. Definitely the choice for multi-day backpackers.

Pros

• Vibram outsole
  • Super comfortable
  • Adhesive toe bumper

Cons

• Lace hooks feel weak

I got these boots as a gift and am immensely impressed with them. They are true to size and fit a wider foot such as mine very comfortably.

The only downfall that I can see in this boot is that the lacing system could use improvement. These boots use a combination of webbing, which works just fine and reduces weight, and hooks. The hooks have a unique "bit" in them that pinches down on the lace so that they don't loosen. It's a thoughtful idea, but this also means that you can't run the laces through the hooks and then cinch them down tighter after the fact. I also worry that the hooks are going to blow out of the leather, it seems like they may be working up to do that.

I did not get the waterproof Gore-Tex lined version, but the top grain leather upper model does a fine job keeping out mild moisture. The Vibram soles provide plenty of traction and the EVA foot bet provides tons of cushion and support. I'm breaking them in now as I intend to take them on a 400-mile desert hike.

I posted a hiking boot Q&A on the Trailspace gear forum and after careful consideration of the information I got there settled on these bad boys! Thanks, Trailspace!