Patagonia P26 Mid

Weight 1 lb 2 oz / 510 g
Width Medium
Arch Support Medium

Super lightweight and the most comfortable/supportive…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Super lightweight and the most comfortable/supportive trail boot I've worn. Definitely the choice for multi-day backpackers.

• Vibram outsole
  • Super comfortable
  • Adhesive toe bumper

• Lace hooks feel weak

I got these boots as a gift and am immensely impressed with them. They are true to size and fit a wider foot such as mine very comfortably.

The only downfall that I can see in this boot is that the lacing system could use improvement. These boots use a combination of webbing, which works just fine and reduces weight, and hooks. The hooks have a unique "bit" in them that pinches down on the lace so that they don't loosen. It's a thoughtful idea, but this also means that you can't run the laces through the hooks and then cinch them down tighter after the fact. I also worry that the hooks are going to blow out of the leather, it seems like they may be working up to do that.

I did not get the waterproof Gore-Tex lined version, but the top grain leather upper model does a fine job keeping out mild moisture. The Vibram soles provide plenty of traction and the EVA foot bet provides tons of cushion and support. I'm breaking them in now as I intend to take them on a 400-mile desert hike.

I posted a hiking boot Q&A on the Trailspace gear forum and after careful consideration of the information I got there settled on these bad boys! Thanks, Trailspace!

Patagonia Men's P26 Mid

The Patagonia Men's P26 Mid is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 26, 2014 at EMS.