Patagonia Pneumatic Pants

These pants are incredibly versitile. I wear them…

Fabric: ripstop polyester w/ Activent

These pants are incredibly versitile. I wear them with a gore-tex parka to stay dry while backpacking through rain. Full gore-tex pants don't make much sense to me because they cost so much and are only good when it's pouring. The Pneumatics I can wear any time and not have to worry about get soaked in my own sweat. They breathe better than me.

If it gets too hot in the sun and I don't feel like stopping to take them off, I can just pull them up to my knee and keep moving. They are not waterproof, but resist light rain and are windproof. I find my legs don't get hit with rain too much if I have a backpack on anyway. I thought they would tear easily cause the fabric is kinda thin, but they handle twigs and rocks relatively well. Oh, and did I mention they only weigh a couple ounces. A great all around pant.

If you've owned or used a Patagonia Pneumatic Pants, please share your experience.

Patagonia Pneumatic Pants

The Pneumatic Pants has been discontinued.

The Patagonia Pneumatic Pants is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new wind pant, check out the best reviewed current models.