Patagonia Puffball Vest

I needed a mid-layer to go under my parka. I chose…

Fabric: nylon
Fill: Primaloft (?)

I needed a mid-layer to go under my parka. I chose the Puffball Vest (in screaming Mango) over TNF Nuptse because it was way lighter and less bulky than the Nupste. The Nupste with its 700+ down was warmer but overkill for my hiking and skiing needs. The Puffball stuffs into its own small napoleon pocket and will be carried in the mesh water bottle pocket of my TNF parka on iffy days. All in all, incredibly warm for such a light garment.

Great lightweight piece that folds into its own pocket.

Fabric: Tafetta
Fill: Primaloft
Price Paid: $150 Cdn

Great lightweight piece that folds into its own pocket.

Very warm for its weight and easily packable. Use it over or under other garments for a variety of purposes. With the slippery outer fabric it fits well under other pieces, although this also makes it fairly non-abrasion resistant.

Has a DWR as far as I remember.