Recommendations: Fall/Spring. A great layer in winter.

Price Paid: $100 - local outdoor store sale

Recommendations: Fall/Spring. A great layer in winter. Needs windproof/waterproof outer-shell/under-layer for windy weather or rain.

Comments: I absolutely love waffle fleece! Pretty much why I chose this jacket, it's not a stupid thin type of fleece (like most) and plus, it has a fantastic texture. Patagonia fleece always feels more 'real' to my skin than the too-obviously synthetic fleece that The North Face makes for their jackets. (Which I was comparing when I was choosing a fleece.)

This jacket is fantastic, even has an zipper inside breast pocket sewn into the mesh layer, which great for cell phones/notes/small maps. The draw-cord at the bottom holds nicely, hugging my body so that wind doesnt come up. And!! What is way-super-cool about this jacket: You can stuff the jacket into one of the hand pockets and make a travel pillow! I feel *romanced* by this waffle fleece!

Ladies, if you are looking for a fleece jacket that flatters with a nice trim/good lines, I'd give this jacket 3.5 out of 5 stars. But, what I really love about this jacket is the collar -- it doesn't fold down, it stays up and looks great that way. It's a perfect length, and looks and feels great when zipped up, too -- importantly, I dont feel choked by it.