Recommendations: Fall/Spring. A great layer in winter.

Price Paid: $100 - local outdoor store sale

Recommendations: Fall/Spring. A great layer in winter. Needs windproof/waterproof outer-shell/under-layer for windy weather or rain.

Comments: I absolutely love waffle fleece! Pretty much why I chose this jacket, it's not a stupid thin type of fleece (like most) and plus, it has a fantastic texture. Patagonia fleece always feels more 'real' to my skin than the too-obviously synthetic fleece that The North Face makes for their jackets. (Which I was comparing when I was choosing a fleece.)

This jacket is fantastic, even has an zipper inside breast pocket sewn into the mesh layer, which great for cell phones/notes/small maps. The draw-cord at the bottom holds nicely, hugging my body so that wind doesnt come up. And!! What is way-super-cool about this jacket: You can stuff the jacket into one of the hand pockets and make a travel pillow! I feel *romanced* by this waffle fleece!

Ladies, if you are looking for a fleece jacket that flatters with a nice trim/good lines, I'd give this jacket 3.5 out of 5 stars. But, what I really love about this jacket is the collar -- it doesn't fold down, it stays up and looks great that way. It's a perfect length, and looks and feels great when zipped up, too -- importantly, I dont feel choked by it.

Patagonia Radiant Jacket

The Radiant Jacket has been discontinued.

The Patagonia Radiant Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 9, 2009 at US Outdoor Store.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review