Patagonia Retro-X Jacket

Weight 23.7 oz / 672 g
Shell Fabric 7.5 oz Synchilla® 100% Polyester 1/4 in Pile, 86% Recycled
Lining Fabric 100% Polyester Brushed Mesh Breathable/Windproof Barrier

The best fleece jacket that I have ever had. I'm on…

The best fleece jacket that I have ever had. I'm on to my second now. We can't buy them here in the UK, so I have bought both mine on trips to the USA. Extremely warm, keeps out the wind and yet lightweight. The only thing that I would like is a waist drawcord to help keep wind out.

I have the older model, before they got smart and…

I have the older model, before they got smart and put in a wind blocking layer. Without that feature, my jacket is warm but really nothing more than a novelty item. People comment on its appearance, and want to touch it; but honestly, I was quite disappointed in its performance.

I just this morning took my dog for a short walk in 30 degrees with a slight breeze, and the wind just came right through the fleece. So, I deduct one point for that and one point for the fact it's short in the back and definitely needs a drawstring at the hips to block the wind coming up your back.

Would I drop some bones on this again? Uh - No. Sorry, Patagonia. Oh, my cat sure likes to sleep on it, when I let him, so I guess it does have some utility at our house!

I am attracted to the look of this jacket, and the…

Fabric: fleece
Fill: none

I am attracted to the look of this jacket, and the appeal of wind-pro fleece. I normally wear a Tall Large, so when I tried this jacket (size L) on, I was very disappointed. The torso is so short it does not even come to the top of my pants, and there is enough room in the torso I could stash a watermelon. Needless to say the sleeves are not really long enough either. Even on sale for half price, it is not worth it!

I bet it is really nice and I wish they made it in a Slim and a Tall version. Oh well, this one will not make it for me.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Retro-X Jacket versions

In addition to the 3 men's reviews above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Retro-X Jacket. Read all reviews »

Visit Patagonia's Retro-X Jacket page.

Coaxing your dog into your sleeping bag takes way more effort than slipping into a Patagonia Retro-X Jacket. This thick polyester (78% recycled) pelt hides a moisture-wicking, brushed-mesh lining and a windproof/breathable barrier that cuts cold faster than a tumbler of scotch. With Y-joint sleeves for mobility, a vertical zippered chest pocket and zippered handwarmer pockets. Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program.Classic Retro-X Jacket Detail: Breathable/windproof membrane sandwiched between recycled-polyester fleece outer and moisture-wicking brushed-polyester mesh liningY-joint sleevesVertical zippered Supplex- chest pocket; zippered handwarmer pockets lined with moisture-wicking brushed-polyester mesh100% polyester (78% recycled) 1/4'' pile with a polyester brushed mesh lining and a breathable/windproof barrier. Trim: 3.4-oz Supplex- nylon. Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program661 g (23.3 oz)Made in Costa Rica. Ideal Uses:Tofino Beach WalksPlanting TreesOutdoor ConcertsFoggy Days on the CoastAround Town

- Mountain Hideaway

Our customers say you'll never want to take the Patagonia Retro-X Jacket off. It's warm, comfortable, AND windproof to cut cold fast. Wear on a fall day over a T-shirt or a blustry winter day with an extra layer underneath. No wonder it's a Patagonia cl

- EMS

The Patagonia Classic Retro-X Jacket takes both the wind and chill out of windchill. Its windproof/breathable barrier comes sandwiched between cozy recycled-polyester pile and a Capilene® brushed-mesh composite lining. 100% recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program. Available In: Black / Gravel Gravel Seagrass Natural / Mushroom Brown Classic Retro-X Jacket Features: Breathable/windproof barrier sandwiched between cozy recycled polyester fleece on the outside and a moisture-wicking brushed polyester mesh lining Y-joint™ sleeves Vertical zippered chest pocket Zippered handwarmer pockets lined with a moisture-wicking brushed polyester mesh Relaxed fit 581 g (20.5 oz) Imported. Patagonia Classic Retro-X Jacket Materials: 1/4½ Synchilla® polyester pile (78% recycled ) with brushed polyester mesh lining and a breathable/windproof barrier. slim: Supplex® nylon. 100% recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program

- OMCgear

Now on sale for $90.00, save $95.00! Now on sale for $90.00, save $95.00! Now on sale for $90.00, save $95.00! The Retro's breathable/windproof P.E.F.® (performance-enhancing film) barrier sits comfortably between layers of thickly piled, environmentally-kosher PCR® Synchilla® fleece and a Capilene® brushed-mesh lining. Windflap behind full-front zip closure, zippered side and chest pockets. A windproof fleece from Patagonia.

- Patagonia.com

Patagonia Men's Retro-X Jacket

The Patagonia Men's Retro-X Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 20, 2012 at Mountain Hideaway.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.