Patagonia Rubicon Rider Jacket - Women's

Weight 34.7 oz / 984 g
Shell Fabric 2.4 oz 100% Polyester Ripstop / Deluge® DWR Finish
Reinforcement Fabric 2 Layer, 5 oz 150-Denier 100% Polyester, Waterproof/Breathable H2No® Barrier / Deluge DWR Finish
Lining / Powder Skirt Fabric 2 oz 100% Polyester Plain Weave
Insulation 150 g Thermogreen® 100% Polyester, 90% Recycled

I've owned and used the Rubicon Rider for going on…

Fabric: Polyester with DWR
Fill: recycled polyester fiber fill

I've owned and used the Rubicon Rider for going on two seasons now and it has yet to let me down in the slightest.

It is, first and foremost, a snowboarding jacket and in this arena it performs beautifully. The sleeve length is awesome for a tall girl and there is awesome freedom of motion without things riding up or bunching. I love the hardshell reinforcements, especially on the elbows. All in all, it serves its purpose.

However, I also use this as my go-to winter jacket in the deep freeze that is a Chicago winter. I layer with a 200-300 fleece and I do just fine (while everyone else is swathed in uni-purpose down). It's pretty smart-looking too!

Only drawback is: the hood is HUGE. I know it's helmet compatible but I never pull a hood on over my helmet, I find it redundant and impairing. I could, however, use a hood while out walking the dog or on the lift when just a beanie will not do. Even cinched down, it falls over my eyes and blinds me.

But overall, great, great piece that serves two purposes at a relatively low price point.