Patagonia Sage Burner Shorts

I have a men's and a women's pair of these. I like…

I have a men's and a women's pair of these. I like the men's pair better even though I'm a gal. I like the fit. The legs are not as wide.

I don't know if they still make these anymore, but I LOVE mine. Over the 7 years that I've had them I've worn them several times a week. My regular runs have been from 4 to 10 miles. I've run 1/2 and full marathons in them and have never chafed.

The only time I've not worn them was when I was pregnant, and my butt got too big to look nice in them. Otherwise they were fine to pull under my belly and still run.

The Sage Burner Shorts by Patagonia are their airiest, quickest-to-dry running shorts. As light on the environment as the body, low-rise Sage Burners cool the single-track journey. Made from silky 100% recycled polyester, with a variable-density polyester mesh back panel that has Patagonia's Capilene performance. Two mesh lumbar pockets keep gel packs in place. A parallel 3" inseam prevents chafing.

- RockCreek refers to the women's version

The Womens Sage Burner Short from Patagonia keeps the air flowing during hot summer runs.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the women's version

Short on rise, long on comfort, these shorts will burn up trails and cool down legs. The soft, breathable easy-flowing fabric is made from PCR (post-consumer recycled) polyester, with a spacer-knit mesh waist panel that has Capilene performance. Two mesh lumbar pockets hold gel packs in place. A parallel 3 inseam (size M) prevents chafing. Ideal Uses: Trail Running 10 K Hiking TrekkingDetails: Minimalist cut running short Elasticized waistband Polyester knit mesh disperses heat in critical sweat areas 100% PCR (post-consumer recycled) polyester shell fabric is silky soft and ultra lightweight Two back polyesterspandex mesh lumbar pockets store multiple gel packs close to your back for less movement Parallel 3 inseam for chafe-free comfort 2.3-oz. 100% PCR polyester. Waistband Yoke: 3.5-oz. spaced-out polyester knit with moisture-wicking performance Weight: 71 g. (2.5 oz.)

- Massey's Outfitters refers to the women's version

Sage Burners are made from 100% recycled polyester that's as light on the environment as it is on the body. Dry and airy cool, they are perfect for those long midsummer ridge traverses or hot single-track runs through desert sage. Variable-density polyester mesh (with Capilene performance) in back disperses heat and moisture. Two rear lumbar pockets store gel packs securely without added bulk. An elasticized waist with drawcord and a Capilene polyester crepe liner keep you comfortable and cool hours into it. The parallel 3 inseam provides a chafeless fit.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

Patagonia Sage Burner Shorts

The Sage Burner Shorts has been discontinued.

The Patagonia Sage Burner Shorts is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2007 at RockCreek.

If you're looking for a new active short, check out the best reviewed current models.