I actually bought this jacket because it came in a…

Price Paid: $35 (Ebay)

I actually bought this jacket because it came in a bright orange/yellowish color that is perfect for mountain biking during hunting season. However, it has proven to be very useful for colder weather riding in general.

It's a slightly heavier jacket than the Marmot windshirt (both in terms of actual weight and also warmth), and that comes with both pros and cons. It doesn't work well for highly aerobic activities much above 40 degrees - I just sweat too much in it, and there are no pit zips in this jacket, only a front zipper.

However, it is perfect for rides from the mid-teens up through to 40 degrees. A mid-weight wool baselayer plus this jacket is easily good for me down into the low 20s with no problems as long as I keep moving.

Pros:
1) The shell of this jacket definitely feels more durable than my Marmot windshirt.
2) Warmer than a Marmot windshirt

Cons:
1) Bulkier and heavier than Marmot windshirt
2) I think it is warmer and less breathable than Patagonia advertises it to be
3) Unlike a Marmot windshirt I don't think I would use this jacket as a mid-layer under a shell.

This really is a great jacket. I knocked one star off because it doesn't have the same versatility of the Marmot windshirt (which I thought it seemed to be competing with), but the extra warmth and durability makes it a great addition to my cooler weather riding gear.