Patagonia Strider PRO Shorts

The first running shorts I've owned in a long, long…

Price Paid: 35 Euros

Summary

The first running shorts I've owned in a long, long time that don't stink after 10 minutes of use. They're cool, comfortable, and the pockets on the sides and back are great.

Pros

• Side pockets for gels, mp3 player, etc.
  • Rear pocket for keys, money and more
  • Cool
  • Comfortable liner

Cons

• About 1" too short

First, the fit.... when I ordered these shorts from Patagonia Germany, I took a shot in the dark and ordered Large as that's what I normally wear but it's always hard to tell in American sizing. In any case, they fit great! I'm primarily an endurance mountain biker, therefore I have big legs and a rather muscular butt.

Often, athletic shorts don't fit all that well because they tend to be cut for the "skinny guy with no butt". In this case, even though they seem to fit me best when I wear them a little lower than my other shorts, they fit really well and feel really good. There's a drawstring inside which I haven't, thus far, needed to use as they ride quite securely with the elastic waistband.

The fabric is a combination of mesh and a more solid fabric. On the sides and on the top portion of the rear there's a nice mesh that seems to help vent the shorts. The side pockets are an elastic mesh that expands to fit a fairly large number of gels, bars, etc.

From all indications, the shorts will last me a really long time. They're Patagonia and all my previous experiences with the company have been positive and I can't imagine that the Strider Pro Shorts will be any different.

One thing I have noticed, which seems to be 'normal' for me is that once they're sweat soaked, the inside of the legs rides up a bit. I believe that has more to do with the size of my legs and my running style than the shorts though.

After 3 or 4 runs (roughly 75 km), I can already see that these are going to become my favorite running shorts. They are more comfortable and definitely cooler than any others that I have. The only thing I'd change is to make them about 1" longer.

Rely on the men's Strider PRO Shorts with 5 in. inseam from Patagonia to enhance your comfort while running with their ultralight, quick-drying polyester and breathable mesh panels.

The Strider Pro 5in Short was designed specifically for serious trail running. The polyester body wicks moisture and dries quickly, and a Deluge DWR treatment gives this pair of shorts water-resistant protection to help keep you dry in rainy weather. Air Flow mesh panels provide excellent breathability, and a built-in mesh liner offers more air flow so you can get out in hot temperatures. The liner also features Polygiene odor control to keep it from smelling like you do after long runs. Four envelope pockets are perfect for energy gels, and one zippered pocket makes sure you don't lose your keys on the trail.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Patagonia Men's Strider Pro 5IN Short FEATURES of the Patagonia Men's Strider Pro 5IN Short Smooth, ultralight, fast-drying 100% polyester (50% recycled) micro dobby with completely breathable 100% polyester Air Flow mesh panels for ventilation Shell fabric treated with a Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish Versatile drawcord for internal/external tying Center back zippered pocket; four envelope pockets overlap on back hip Lightweight built-in 100% polyester mesh liner wicks, dries quickly and provides chafe-free comfort; with Polygene permanent odor control Higher split opening eliminates leg chafe and promotes airflow Reflective logo on left hem 5in. inseam with 2in. split SPECIFICATIONS of the Patagonia Men's Strider Pro 5IN Short Weight: 4.6 oz / 130 g Regular fit Body: 2.3-oz 50-denier 100% polyester (50% recycled) micro dobby, with a Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish Liner: 4-oz 100% polyester stripe mesh, with Polygene permanent odor control Panels: 3.2-oz 100% polyester Air Flow mesh Rear Pocket: 4.28-oz 91% nylon / 9% spandex This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

We took our ambassadors' favorite shorts and honed `em even more for core long-distance running. The updated Strider Pro Shorts carry what you need for a full day of mountain running, thanks to four new, overlapping, stretchy-mesh back hip pockets (two on each side). The pockets lie flat and won't flap when empty, but expand generously to hold everything from energy gels to a Houdini Jacket. A fast-drying 50-denier 100% polyester (50% recycled) micro dobby forms the body of these sleek running shorts, while the thigh panels use a non-chafing 100% polyester Air Flow mesh and the pockets use a 4.28-oz 91% nylon/9% spandex mesh. Side splits promote airflow, brushed elastic lines the waistband and a lightweight open-knit 100% polyester crepe liner further enhances breathability. A card-sized center-back pocket closes with a zipper, and the now-burlier drawcord's new routing design allows for internal or external tying. With a reflective logo on the left hem and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.

- RockCreek