Patagonia Super Guide Pants

Patagonia this year has produced some awesome pieces…

Fabric: nylon/spandex
Fill: na

Patagonia this year has produced some awesome pieces of outdoor wear. I've got lots of silk-weight and lightweight capilene layers, the Six Chuter Jacket and these pants, and I am so totally stoked! Everything has performed beyond anything printed in a Patagonia catalog! I used to be a huge HUGE arc'teryx fan, but I always thought they were asking primo dollar for the goods and I've got to say that Patagonia produces comparable quality for less, and that's a good thing!

Okay, back to the Super Guide Pants...I'm still in the first month of ownership of these pants, so "waterproofing" is still awesome! I was suspicious that the DWR treatment would fail in a deluge but I was wrong. Lots of pockets, great material, super rugged! if it's cold out (10'F). this is the perfect all around/everything pant.

Did I mention that they are very comfy; the brushed interior is velvetie! I would agree with the last review. Out camping, I could easily just crash in these pants!

Thanks for listening. E-mail me if you have any questions.

The Patagonia Super Guide Pant is a great piece of…

Fabric: Patagonia Softshell

The Patagonia Super Guide Pant is a great piece of gear. I recently climbed in the Sierras in them, from a 4,000 foot elevation and 85 degrees to 14,000 feet and 25 degrees, they were flawless. Fit is technical, with articulated knees, and the DWR does not come off easily. I noticed that more detail was built in than in my friend's comparable Mammut Schoeller pants. The boot cuff kept out scree, the pocket held a pair of gloves while I was belaying, the crampon protector on each leg kept me from poking holes in them, and the waist was comfy under a harness and pack. I slept in them and sometimes I wear them to school! They feel soft for such a tough pant.

Patagonia Super Guide Pants

The Super Guide Pants has been discontinued.

The Patagonia Super Guide Pants is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.