Pelican International Liberty 100x

Weight 47.6 lb / 21.4 kg
Length 10’ / 305 cm

In the USA this kayak is called the Liberty 100 but…

Price Paid: 399+tax

Summary

In the USA this kayak is called the Liberty 100 but in Canada it is the Quest 100.

Pros

• Inexpensive combo of all needed gear
  • Comfy seat

Cons

• Very small front water tight hatch capacity

In the USA this kayak is called the Liberty 100 but here in Canada it is the Quest 100. I had purchased this kayak thinking that it would mainly be for my family and that I would not fit in it very well. I'm 6'2" and have long legs. Anything short of sea kayak has usually not fit me well.

I was actually shocked when I unboxed this kayak in my living room and sat in it. With the footpegs at maximum adjustment...I could not even touch them! At the outset the build quality seems good and the rear storage in particular seems quite ample.

This yak came with a gear combo of a Lavika Poseidon paddle and car top carrier as well as a Lavika 'universal' spray skirt. I have no illusions the skirt is watertight, but I think it will do a good job of at least draining away some of the overspray. I look forward to putting some kilometres on this yak and updating this review.

The kayak that keeps pace with you. You won't be a novice forever, so the Liberty 100x is designed to keep pace with your advancing skills. Its twin-arched hull gives it unheard of stability on day one while advanced technical capabilities take you as far as you want to go.

• Adjustable padded backrest
  • Adjustable footpegs
  • Bow and stern quick lock hatch with stern 60L storage bag
  • Carrying handles
  • Cockpit table with day hatch and bottle holder
  • Drain plug
  • Elastic bungee cord in bow
  • Ergolite seat cushion
  • Knee pads

Visit Pelican International's Liberty 100x page.

Specs Length: 10' - 305 cm Beam: 30'' - 76 cm Depth: 14.8'' - 38 cm Cocpit Dimentions 47" x 24" Weight: 47.6 lb - 21.4 kg Max. capacity: 300 lb - 136 kg Hull material: RAM-X Premium

- River Sports Outfitters

Pelican International Liberty 100x

The Pelican International Liberty 100x is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 3, 2013 at River Sports Outfitters.

If you're looking for a new recreational kayak, check out the best reviewed current models.