Petzl Ecrin Roc

It is one of the best helmets for caving, very strong…

Source: borrowed it

Summary

It is one of the best helmets for caving, very strong and durable. All caving clubs in Slovenia use it. It is a slightly heavier than new Petzl models of helmets.
I recommend. =)

Pros

• Impact resistance
  • Good ventilations for head

Cons

• Weight

I use it for cave exploring and climbing and when I go in mountains.

I have on helmet the fixed lamp.

I have that helmet a few years and it looks like it will be forever.

I've been using the same helmet for 13 years, and I have no intention of retiring it. It makes no sense to me that Petzl discontinued the line.

It's the "Best" helmet. I have used it extensively…

It's the "Best" helmet. I have used it extensively from rock climbing to winter mountaineering.

Absolutely rock solid, heavier than the more contemporary models, but do not forget almost all of them have been designed by taking this particular helmet into consideration. Adjustable to any head. Plastic patches are available if you wanna restrict the air flow or stop the rain through the air vents on either side of the helmet.

Look no other, this has been on the market for I do not know how many years, proved its usefulness to the extremes.

06_22_77.jpg

I use this helmet for caving, as does my daughter.

Price Paid: $58-85

I use this helmet for caving, as does my daughter. Major advantages include the easily adjusted straps and headband, the clips for holding a headlamp on the helmet, and the air vents.

Disadvantages--none that I know of, except that a headlamp can be pulled out of the clips by a passing rock while crawling. I have not used this helmet for rock climbing.

Petzl Ecrin Roc

The Petzl Ecrin Roc is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 4, 2014 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new climbing helmet, check out the best reviewed current models.