Petzl Ecrin Roc

It's the "Best" helmet. I have used it extensively…

It's the "Best" helmet. I have used it extensively from rock climbing to winter mountaineering.

Absolutely rock solid, heavier than the more contemporary models, but do not forget almost all of them have been designed by taking this particular helmet into consideration. Adjustable to any head. Plastic patches are available if you wanna restrict the air flow or stop the rain through the air vents on either side of the helmet.

Look no other, this has been on the market for I do not know how many years, proved its usefulness to the extremes.

06_22_77.jpg

I use this helmet for caving, as does my daughter.

Price Paid: $58-85

I use this helmet for caving, as does my daughter. Major advantages include the easily adjusted straps and headband, the clips for holding a headlamp on the helmet, and the air vents.

Disadvantages--none that I know of, except that a headlamp can be pulled out of the clips by a passing rock while crawling. I have not used this helmet for rock climbing.

If you've owned or used a Petzl Ecrin Roc, please share your experience.

Petzl Ecrin Roc

The Petzl Ecrin Roc is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new climbing helmet, check out the best reviewed current models.