Great crampon for ice and mixed climbing. The Lynx…
Source: bought via a "pro deal"
Price Paid: $130
Great crampon for ice and mixed climbing.
- Interchangeable front points
- Fit any boot well
- No horizontal front points available
The Lynx is a peer try classic technical crampon. It fits most boots very well, and cinches in well. I have not had any problems yet with getting it to fit my Scarpa Mont Blancs. I have also let it out to people to use on Sportiva Trango Extremes, Trango Evos, and even ski boots. They fit all well.
I have climbed on these up on WI 4 and on M6. They proved able on both. Switching to mono points was a little annoying and my hands got cold but that is expected. Once properly set up they performed admirably. I would definitely say having used Darts before that they are fraction more precise and give you just a tiny bit moe control.
Having the option to switch between dual and mono point is invaluable if you climb ice and are interested in pursuing mixed as well.
My only gripe is with the non clip toe bails. I don't see the point. A B2 boot just isn't suited for waterfall ice and mixed climbing as well as a B3. Horizontal crampons function much better for semi-automatic mode. If these crampons had come with horizontal front points you could switch in the they would be the best true alrounders.
Overall I love them on ice, and mixed and would highly recommend them.
Where to Buy
From snow couloirs to dry tooling, the LYNX is a versatile crampon. Modular front points allow for many options: dual or mono-point, long or short, and/or asymmetrical. They come with two types of interchangeable front bindings to adapt to boots with or without toe welts.
- Versatile crampons for ice and mixed climbing
- Configuration and length of front points can be modified with one screw:
- dual points in short, long or asymmetrical position
- offset mono-point in short or long position
- Crampons adaptable to boots with or without toe welts:
- interchangeable front bindings: stainless steel toe bail wires for shoes with toe welts, or flexible bindings for boots without toe welts
- toe bindings can be adjusted to accommodate shoe width and provide sufficient point length
- LEVERLOCK heel bail is height-adjustable, designed for boots with heel welt
- Integrated front and rear ANTISNOW plates
- FAKIR carrying pouch included
- Marked bars facilitate crampon adjustment
- Come with:
- FAKIR carrying bag (V01)
- front and rear ANTISNOW (T24960)
Here's what other sites are saying:
Whatever boot you have, whatever you do, the Lynx Crampon from Petzl does it all. From snow couloirs to dry tooling, the Lynx is a versatile crampon. Modular front points allow for multiple options: dual or mono-point, long or short, and/or asymmetrical.
From snow couloirs to mixed climbing routes, the Petzl Lynx Leverlock Modular crampons have a versatile design that will keep you climbing higher no matter the terrain.
The Petzl Lynx LL Crampon with Fakir Crampon Bag won't cook or pack your trip for you, but these versatile spikes will do just about everything else. Interchangeable front bindings integrate with regular boots as well as those without toe welts, and a stainless steel toe bail holds your foot fast. To complement this intuitive design, Petzl made the heel bail height-adjustable to incorporate the largest range of footwear possible.
From snow couloirs to dry tooling, the LYNX is a versatile crampon. Modular front points allow for many options: dual or mono-point, long or short, and/or asymmetrical.