Petzl Lynx

Great crampon for ice and mixed climbing. The Lynx…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

Great crampon for ice and mixed climbing.

Pros

• Interchangeable front points
  • Fit any boot well

Cons

• No horizontal front points available

The Lynx is a peer try classic technical crampon. It fits most boots very well, and cinches in well. I have not had any problems yet with getting it to fit my Scarpa Mont Blancs. I have also lent it out to people to use on Sportiva Trango Extremes, Trango Evos, and even ski boots. They fit all well.

I have climbed on these up on WI 4 and on M6. They proved able on both. Switching to mono points was a little annoying and my hands got cold, but that is expected. Once properly set up they performed admirably. I would definitely say having used Darts before that they are a fraction more precise and give you just a tiny bit more control.

Having the option to switch between dual and mono point is invaluable if you climb ice and are interested in pursuing mixed as well.

My only gripe is with the non-clip toe bails. I don't see the point. A B2 boot just isn't suited for waterfall ice and mixed climbing as well as a B3. Horizontal crampons function much better for semi-automatic mode. If these crampons had come with horizontal front points you could switch in they would be the best true allrounders.

Overall I love them on ice and mixed and would highly recommend them.

1920569_10153951399900440_968341657_n.jp