Petzl MYO RXP

A good multi-purpose headlamp. Bright enough for night…

Price Paid: $90 CAD

Summary

A good multi-purpose headlamp. Bright enough for night skiing, but flexible enough to use for reading a book in my tent. Good battery life.

Pros

• Bright
  • Flip-down diffuser
  • Automatic SOS
  • Uses AA's (who doesn't have a ton of rechargables?)
  • Won't turn on accidently in your bag

Cons

• Uses 3 AA's (a bit heavy)
  • Buttons are hard to operate without looking
  • Hard mount would be nice for helmets

I'm pretty happy with this light. I've used it for just about everything I can think of — mountain biking, downhill skiing, hiking, camping, and exploring the odd mineshaft; and haven't found it wanting in any situation.

The replaceable flip down diffuser really makes this light capable in any situation. Diffuse is nice for walking since I don't get just a bright spot right at my feet, but if I want to know what just made the noise in the bushes ahead the spotlight can reach out far enough to be of use.

Uses 3 AA batteries, which is fine by me since I have tons of rechargeables. Light has 3 brightness presettings, selectable from 11 different settings. 3 of the settings are unregulated for higher brightness, but far shorter battery life.A forth setting is the SOS, which I love - continuous . . . - - - . . .

The manual is fairly easy to understand, using pictographs and actual charts to show you how to operate things.

The light seems durable and there are no obvious points of entry for water, but nothing really screams quality about it either. I haven't used it in the rain, save for a few really drippy tunnels, so I can't really comment on how water-resistant it is.

The light also has an adjustable angle, useful for high or low speed travel. When set all the way back a tab on the mount half covers the on/off switch, making it unlikely the switch will ever be accidentally activated while in your bag or otherwise.

There's also a battery indicator, warning you at 30% and 10% remaining.

Fantastic headlamp. I bought it for the following…

Price Paid: 70 EU

Fantastic headlamp. I bought it for the following features:

+ it's regulated (meaning you will always have the same illumination level, even if the batteries slowly discharge in time)

+ bright LED (powerful light) with boost

+ programmable levels

+ compatible with Lithium batteries (superior performance in cold weather)

- cost for all this: it's heavier than other headlamps

I use it for mountaineering.

Got this light about two years ago, and all I can…

Got this light about two years ago, and all I can say is WOW! While it is a fairly heavy light it does have its advantages.

I use it for mountaineering and long climbs that could take me into the night. It is incredibly bright, and I have never had a problem seeing what I'm trying to do.

The battery life is pretty good, and it is super durable!

Visit Petzl's MYO RXP page.

The Petzl MYO RXP is the first Petzl headlamp that is regulated and programmable, allowing the user to choose the order of lighting levels and to precisely adapt light output.

- EMS

Your adventures cover a wide spectrum of locations and environments, and with the MYO RXP from Petzl, you have a headlamp that can adjust to each one specifically. With the programmable function, 2 buttons control the setting for each of the 3 LED's so you can dial in the light output depending on your needs - combined with the boost function, flashing capability, and a wide angle lens, you have a myriad of lighting options for your adventure needs.

- Mountain Gear

Powerful, regulated and programmable headlamp, 3 lighting levels, Boost mode and Wide Angle lens. SICK!

- GearX.com

On Sale. Free Shipping. Petzl MYO RXP Headlamp FEATURES of the Petzl MYO RXP Headlamp Regulatedpower levels: Constant lighting power Automatically switches toreserve power mode when batteries are almost discharged Lightingmodes can be programmed to favor light intensity or battery life,depending on the activity : Three lighting modes canbe chosen (choose from among ten levels between 13 and 141 lumens) Choice of the order ofactivation of the three lighting modes SPECIFICATIONS of the Petzl MYO RXP Headlamp Weight (with batteries): 175 g Beam pattern: wide or focused Max. light quantity: 205 lumens (Boost) Max. lighting distance: 90 m (Boost) Max battery life: 86 h (minimum level) Regulated lighting: yes Number of batteries: 3 Battery type (included): AA/LR6 Battery compatibility: alkaline, lithium, rechargeable Ni-MH, rechargeable Ni-Cd Watertightness: IP X4 (water resistant) Materials: Wide Angle lenses made of impact resistant polycarbonate Certification(s): CE