A good device for flexible ropes. The Petzl Simple…
Source: borrowed it
A good device for flexible ropes.
- Able to thread rope while device is still attached to harness
- Fast getting on rope or off
- Better wear characteristics than a fig. 8
- Doesn't twist the rope like an 8
- Heavier than a fig. 8
- No brake like the Stop
- May need a brake carabiner for smaller ropes
The Petzl Simple is a good device. I borrowed a friend's to try it out, and later acquired one of my own. It works well with flexible rope, but not with stiff rope. It handles longer rappels better than a fig. 8.
One of the best things about it is that it can be left on the harness between rappels so you don't risk dropping it.