PolarWrap Exchanger II

Helps keep core temperature. Reduces condensation…

Price Paid: $28.95 (bargain)

Summary

Helps keep core temperature.
Reduces condensation inside tent or tarp.

Pros

• Feel warmer
  • Use more lightweight sleeping bag or sleeping quilt
  • Reduces condensation inside tent or tarp

I initially purchased the Polar Wrap Warm Air Mask for the heat exchanger, to use my out-breath to warm my in-breath because Montana winters are severe. This helps maintain my core temperature.

For backpacking, it is my experience the Exchanger II does not impede my breathing at all. I also found out I am able to extend the sleeping bag or sleeping quilt comfort rating to lower temperatures.

I also do not have the same condensation problem on my tent or tarp I had experienced. Now, if I site my tent or tarp properly, I get little or no condensation on the inside surface or my tent or tarp.

Polar Wrap presently is available as a Balaclava and as a Half Mask model. I prefer the Half Mask because I like to adjust my warmth with my hat.

For backpacking, I have two hats, one for hiking and one for sleeping. This system works well.

The size chart is accurate. The fit is comfortable.

It keeps my eyeglasses from fogging up from my own breath.

To clean, if necessary, I hold it under running cold water. For the most part, it stays clean.

This photo is an old model. The recent models offered look much better.

I also have had the Polar Wrap Warm Air Mask. I prefer this model for town.

I hope they will choose to continue this model.

This is the vendor now.

CLOSEOUTS . More than your classic camo face mask, Polarwrap?s Exchanger II features a unique, patented Heat Exchange Module that allows you to breathe in warm air and keep your core temperature stable. The Heat Exchange Module works by storing exhaled heat and water vapor, then warming your cold, inhaled breath as it passes through the warm heat module, before it enters your lungs. Ideal for frigid, late-season hunts Great accessory for snowmobiling, snowshoeing, skiing or any winter sport Boosts body temperature by allowing warm air to continuously enter the body Versatile camo patterns aid in concealment Fabric: Polyester Lining: 92% polypropylene, 8% spandex Care: Hand wash, hang dry Made in Mexico Available Colors: MOSSY OAK, SHADOW GRASS, ADVANTAGE TIMBER, WETLAND. Sizes: S, M, L.

- Sierra Trading Post

PolarWrap Exchanger II

The PolarWrap Exchanger II is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 21, 2012 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new balaclava, check out the best reviewed current models.