prAna Stretch Zion Pant

Great pant to walk around downtown Portland, tackle…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

Great pant to walk around downtown Portland, tackle the slots of Escalante, and climb a few pitches on El Cap.

Pros

• Non restrictive
  • Breathable
  • Heavy enough to be durable without feeling like Carhartt's

Cons

• The built in belt and fastener are poorly designed

I've literally done everything in these pants. Great overall weight for durability but amazing breathable. Small crotch holes for added ventilation and water drainage.

The stretch in these pants is incredible. I've never had a move that these pants restricted me from doing.

My only downfall with these pants is that prAna built in a "belt" and the metal buckle broke on me. I'm too lazy to send them back and have remedied the problem with a zip tie (duct tape was a close second).

Zippered pockets keep belongings secure and dry time on these is incredibly fast! Truly recommended!

Love these pants. These pants fit great and are perfect…

Summary

Love these pants.

• Breathe well
  • Dry fast
  • Very comfortable
  • Soft
  • Stretchy

Cons

• Material burns easy

These pants fit great and are perfect pants for any outdoor adventure. Perfect for hiking! The material is very comfortable, stretchy and breathes very well.

They have an adjustable waist so you can fine tune them to your waist size.

The material is very strong and durable.  The pants also whisk water away pretty well. The water that does soak in a bit dries very fast.

They layer well in cold weather with my Patagonia Capilene long underwear.

The material does burn very easy so be careful around the campfire!!

I highly recommend these pants. I have 3 pairs of them and they are the only pants I wear for hiking and adventure.

I am wearing the PrAna pants in the picture below.

Finally a stretch pant with good fit and style. So…

Summary

Finally a stretch pant with good fit and style. So good I don't wear any of my other pants or shorts.

Pros

• fit
  • style
  • function

Cons

• don't fight any thorn bushes

No more torn crotches or 18-inch high boulder restrictions. Fit is awesome. Most stretch pants are too tight; these are loose and the style is so clean I wear them around town every weekend.

I did fight some blackberries last weekend and they pulled some threads loose, but hey, no pants are invincible.

It took a while to get a pair of these that fit right.

It took a while to get a pair of these that fit right. I'm 72" and 155lbs. Most pants I have are 34" waist, so initially I went with the Large/32" inseam. They were a little too wide in the waist and too long (I have shorter inseam than most 72" guys). I ended up finding them at a local outfitter in Minneapolis and the Medium/30" inseam fit perfect.

While I was there I tried on the Mountain Hardware Mesa convertible and a pair of Exofficio's. These felt the most comfortable and fit me the best. The price is hard to swallow, but after wearing these on 2 different 5 mile hikes, I'm very happy with the investment.

Excellent stitching and durable fabric. It will be hard not to wear these everyday!

I really like how these pants fit and wear on the…

I really like how these pants fit and wear on the trail. The are not to heavy nor are they to light. The pant legs are also not to bulky or baggy.

My only complaint is the belt system doesn't stay tight. I have used a safety pin that locks the belt in place and that works well.

Taken them to China twice. Amazing pants. Work great…

Taken them to China twice. Amazing pants. Work great climbing, and comfortable for traveling in the plane. The water abrasion is great. Works great in humid hot weather, and bitter cold weather. Don't leave without these pants:)

These are very comfortable pants! They are too long…

These are very comfortable pants! They are too long for me but would be perfect for a taller person. I just use the buttons to roll them up so they don't drag. Great bouldering pants w/good freedom of movement. I highly recommend them for lounging to being active doing whatever.