Primus Drinking Bottle

Aluminum bottle with neat features but overall not…

Summary

Aluminum bottle with neat features but overall not durable enough for backcountry use.

Pros

• Two openings in one cap; large one to make it easier to fill up and clean, and a small one to drink from. Both lids are integrated into the bottle.

Cons

• Dents easily
  • Plastic top easily damaged if dropped

Bought these bottles to try something other than plastic, also they were inexpensive. I got two of these online and they were dented when I opened the box. They were packed poorly, but it made me question their durability.

What really shocked me, though, was accidentally dropping one from waist height on the drinking spout and it broke off making the top not sealable. It would have been unusable if I were in the backcountry.

I liked the way Primus designed the lid, not worth the innovation if it's not durable. I would be worried about these falling out of my pack and be stuck with an unsealable bottle.

I'll be sticking with Nalgene bottles from here on out.

If you've owned or used a Primus Drinking Bottle, please share your experience.

Primus Drinking Bottle

The Primus Drinking Bottle is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 6, 2013 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new water bottle, check out the best reviewed current models.

0.6 L 1.0 L