Primus PowerLighter

Weight 67 g / 2.4 oz
Dimensions 80 mm x 50 mm x 20 mm / 3.15 in x 2.0 in x 0.8 in

I had been looking for a lighter of this type for…

Price Paid: $17.95 USD

I had been looking for a lighter of this type for some time. I will do tons of research before I make a gear purchase. I read of other companies making a lighter of this type and found them to be very expensive. I found this lighter at Smoky Mountain Outfitters in Gatlinburg, TN and bought it instantly after looking everywhere for it. The gentleman was nice enough to fill it for me as well, showing me how easy it was. I thought it to be a great backpacking lighter.

And I have so far been right. Wow what a value! It has come alive every time since I trained myself to light it slowly. There is a split second where fuel needs to be in the ignition area to light. I love it around the house as well. I don't smoke anything and still find myself carrying this lighter. The heat from this little hand volcano is great for starting campfires with ease, starting charcoal, lol lighting fireworks, and tons of other everyday uses.

Bought a small canister of fuel at walmart for a couple dollars and the lighter refills in a snap, nothing confusing.

I cannot say that I have used any similar products, but I really don't plan to do any underwater welding, therefore I really don't see a need to buy anything else - except maybe another one of these. I am highly recommending this product.

Pros: Ease of use, reliable, refilling, small size and weight.

Cons: must hold at correct angle when pointing downward, might try the other model with angled nozzle

PS: Can't wait to get the Primus adaptor for the isobutane canisters to fill with my Jetboil fuel.

Primus PowerLighter

The Primus PowerLighter is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 11, 2011 at Vargo Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new fire starter, check out the best reviewed current models.