Primus Primelite A

This was a phenomenal headlamp, and I wish there were…

This was a phenomenal headlamp, and I wish there were something comparable on the market today. I finally pulled the cord out of the casing after about 5 years of abuse in Search and Rescue service.

The red lights were great in the tent at night when you don't want to blind yourself. The little bag that came with it also made a great diffuser; I used it often to keep from blinding my patients when working. The detachable battery case is key in the winter when cold batteries can be a big problem. The strap was adjustable enough to go back and forth between my head and helmet with no problems.

Overall I say this was a great light and I'm still looking for a new model with the same feature set.

I have had this lamp on monthly campouts for about…

Price Paid: @ $45

I have had this lamp on monthly campouts for about two years with no problems. Used many times in the rain and for a 3 week motorcycle camping tour across northern Europe (also raining). A great value for the price. Will buy another Primus when it needs replacement.

I purchased three of these from Steep and Cheap at…

I purchased three of these from Steep and Cheap at Backcountry.com.

I installed the batteries in the first one and it did not work. I then set up the second one and it worked properly.

I returned to check the first one and removed the batteries. The batteries were RED HOT. I was glad I went back because if I had not checked them there would have been combustion.

In light of what we have seen with laptop computers and cell phone battery recalls there should definitely be a recall on these lamps. I have written my concerns to Primus in Sweden.

This impact-resistant, waterproof headlamp is intelligently engineered for use in adventure settings. PrimeLite™ A (for "adventure") is equipped with two red LEDs for seeing well at night. Also features four white LEDs for proximity lighting and a bright Luxeon™ bulb for distance lighting. LEDs are nearly indestructible and greatly extend battery life. Two large buttons providing on/off and power-level control are easily managed while wearing gloves; provides four power levels. Removable battery pack can hang inside a jacket for warmth during extreme cold conditions; includes a battery-pack neck strap. Light-colored storage bag can be also used as a light dampener for overall lighting. Powered by three AA batteries (included); red and white modes each provide 100 hours of use; Luxeon mode provides 10 hours of use. Closeout.

When you need versatility on your extreme outdoor adventures, the Primus Primelite A Headlamp delivers.

- Backcountry Outlet

CLOSEOUTS . The Primus Primelite A headlamp is great for backpacking, hunting, hiking or rummaging around camp. Impact-resistant headlamp is also waterproof, making it suitable for any adventure. 4-mode lamp has two red, four white and one Luxeon LEDs Low-battery indicator AAA batteries and storage bag included Size (HxWxD): 3.9x2.9x1.8” Weight: 3.9 oz. Material: Composite with synthetic band CLOSEOUTS . China. In cold temps, remove the battery pack and wear it around your neck inside your jacket.

- Sierra Trading Post

Primus Primelite A

The Primelite A has been discontinued.

The Primus Primelite A is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 17, 2008 at GearTrade.

If you're looking for a new headlamp, check out the best reviewed current models.