Primus PrimeLite AR

I haved used this headlamp @ least three days per…

I haved used this headlamp @ least three days per week for the past 2 1/2 months to go trail running (usally 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours) and I've only had to change the batteries one time. I've used it in heavy dense fog, while it was snowing, heavy rain. The multiple light settings allow you to adjust to the differing conditions with ease. It is very comfortable, I hardly notice it on my head, even when sprinting.

I have to admit, I haven't tried using the remote. I'm not even sure why a headlamp needs a remote. I thought it would be a good idea to place the headlamp in a tree @ night, then while in the tent I could turn on the headlamp for campsite illumination during urination!!!

Happy trails!

When your adventure demands both hands stay busy, use the PrimeLite™ AR headlamp. Its remote control lets you operate the lamp with one hand. PrimeLite™ AR is equipped with two red LEDs for seeing well at night. Also features four white LEDs for proximity lighting and a bright Luxeon™ bulb for distance lighting. LEDs are nearly indestructible and greatly extend battery life. Two large buttons provide on/off and power-level control when the remote is not at hand; provides four power levels. Removable battery pack can hang inside a jacket for warmth during extreme cold conditions; includes a battery-pack neck strap. Light-colored storage bag can be also used as a light dampener for overall lighting. Powered by three AA batteries (included); red and white modes each provide 100 hours of use; Luxeon mode provides 10 hours of use. Impact-resistant and waterproof to 1 meter.

CLOSEOUTS . The Primus Primelite AR headlamp with remote is great for backpacking, hunting, hiking or rummaging around camp. Impact-resistant headlamp is also waterproof, making it suitable for any adventure. Remote allows you to easily remote control the lamp with one hand 4-mode lamp has two red, four white and one Luxeon LEDs Low-battery indicator 3 AA batteries and storage bag included CR2025 lithium remote replacement battery Size (HxWxD): 3.9x2.9x1.8 Weight: 3.9 oz. Material: Composite with synthetic band CLOSEOUTS . China. In cold temps, remove the battery pack and wear it around your neck inside your jacket.

- Sierra Trading Post

Primus PrimeLite AR

The PrimeLite AR has been discontinued.

The Primus PrimeLite AR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new headlamp, check out the best reviewed current models.