Princeton Tec Corona

I gave this light a high mark b/c of the quality and…

I gave this light a high mark b/c of the quality and it does what it's designed for very well. I actually bought the bike version. I have used it as a bike light, helmet light and as a headlamp.

Here are my observations:
I use the Corona bike light and I have a headband that I use when I want to use it as a headlamp. The light is no HID but it does a good enough job for me to ride single-track trails through the trees. The extra run time and long cord are big pluses for winter use as I can just put the battery pack in my inside coat pocket and the run time from the 8AA battery pack is insane!

Here is where I bought mine:

It is larger but still fairly lightweight since I do not have battery pack on the headband. The battery pack can be placed in a pocket or attached to belt or pack w/the velcro straps on it's nylon case.

Primary use:
Cold weather hiking, some general hiking, night time outdoor activities like fishing and kayaking, and as a bike-or-helmet mounted light (I just bought the DiNotte Lux V for my helmet). Now it will probably just remain on my bike since I bought the APEX unless I need an additional light for a friend.

Here is a very detailed review:

I own six headlamps and maybe 25 LED flashlights.

Price Paid: don't remember

I own six headlamps and maybe 25 LED flashlights. Corona is the best headlamp so far. The little 3-AAA's are fine for in camp or close work, but the Corona really lights up the night with 8 LED's when you get off a trail. I'd give it 5 stars except for the weight and it takes 3 AA's. I usually buy them four at a time. I'd like to see a low power indicator, but I carry spare batts anyway.
Corona also has a nice low end battery-saving 1 LED setting, which is missing from the PT Apex.

This was the first LED headlamp I had ever purchased.

Price Paid: forgot what I paid

This was the first LED headlamp I had ever purchased. I am very pleased with the lamp, as it illuminates my surroundings very well. It has plenty of differing power settings. It is well made. The batteries seem to last a long time.

The only problem I have with it is the battery pack doesn't allow me to wear it under my baseball hat bill. This is probably a user preference, though, as some might prefer the lamp on top of the bill instead of below the bill. I like being able to see my feet without bending my head all the way over.

Visit Princeton Tec's Corona page.

Princeton Tec Corona HeadlampThe Princeton Tec Corona Headlamp is a great hands-free lighting choice, to satisfy all of your outdoor work, and personal lighting. The headlamp has 90 Lumen power. It gives 70 hrs. of burn time. Its regulated-LED headlamp floods your entire field of vision with an even distribution of light. Especially designed to cut eye fatigue. Its wide beam eliminates the need for your eyes to adjust quickly from very bright to dark areas, as they do with standard narrow beams. Excellent peripheral lighting simulates normal daylight conditions, and allows you to take advantage of your entire field of vision, without moving your head. It also features 8 shock-resistant, ultra-bright, wide angled LED's. The headlamp is water resistance to splashing, and quick dunking. The Princeton Tec Corona Headlamp, includes 3 AAA Alkaline batteries for extra long life.

- SunnySports

The Corona regulated-LED headlamp floods your entire field of vision with an even distribution of light. Designed to reduce eye fatigue, the Coronas wide beam eliminates the need for your eyes to adjust quickly from very bright to dark areas, as they do with standard, narrow beam lights. Excellent peripheral lighting simulates normal daylight conditions and allows you to take advantage of your entire field of vision without moving your head. Proprietary heatsink technology and 8 shock-resistant, wide-angle Ultrabright LEDs are the foundation of the Corona. You can switch between 8, 5, 3 or 1 LED output, making it a great hands-free lighting choice to satisfy all of your outdoor, work and personal lighting needs.SPECIFICATIONS: POWER: 65 LumensLAMP: 8 5MM Ultrabright LEDsBURN TIME: 160 HoursBATTERIES: 3 AA Alkaline or LithiumWEIGHT: 228gUL RATING: APPROVED

- Mountains Plus

Taking LED lighting to a brighter level, the Corona features 8 super-bright white, shock-resistant LEDs with eight different brightness settings.

Princeton Tec Corona Headlamp - The Corona is an L.E.D.-based headlamp with eight tiny bulbs, each of which alone can put out more brightness than your average flashlight. The Corona regulated-LED headlamp floods your entire field of vision with an even distribution of light. Designed to reduce eye fatigue, the Corona's wide beam eliminates the need for your eyes to adjust quickly from very bright to dark areas, as they do with standard, narrow beam lights. Excellent peripheral lighting simulates normal daylight conditions and allows you to take advantage of your entire field of vision without moving your head. Proprietary heatsink technology and 8 shock-resistant, wide-angle Ultrabright LEDS are the foundation for the Corona. You can switch between 8, 5, 3 or 1 LED output, making it a great hands-free lighting choice to satisfy all of your outdoor, work and personal lightning needs.

- Outdoorplay