ProBar Superfood Slam Bar

Fat, carbs, fiber, AND protein? Sign me up for a great…

Summary

Fat, carbs, fiber, AND protein? Sign me up for a great meal on the go: urban, backcountry, and everywhere in between.

Pros

• Organic ingredients
  • Whole fruits and nuts
  • Filling
  • Mostly recognizable ingredients
  • Fiber!

Cons

• Can be too sweet
  • Many ingredients
  • Not 100% organic

These bars are pretty simple, so I'll try to keep the review the same way.

ProBar Meal bars are just that: a meal in a pouch. The mix of (mostly organic) nuts, fruits, and grains make for a filling, sweet main course that is easily rounded out with a salty side snack for palette balance.

That is really my only gripe with these. Though the ingredients are all natural, the sweetness can leave my mouth sore. I usually eat half of one meal bar, grab a handful of cheese sesame sticks or vegan jerky, then finish off the Meal bar as a dessert. I recommend drinking plenty of water with these. They are very low in sodium (25

The taste overall is awesome! The fruit flavors come through very distinctly. Whole pieces of strawberry, pineapple, and other delicious fruits are extra treats inside each bar. I'm huge on texture, and ProBars have a nice blend of the mealiness of syrup-bound oats and the chew of dehydrated fruits. I find with other bars, they are too homogenous in texture, so it feels bland in the mouth.

I really appreciate the nutritional balance here. Fat is crucial in winter, so these (15 grams total fat) make a great morning or evening fuel-up in the colder months. The carbs (51 grams total) make them a great meal on the go on mile-heavy treks anytime. The fiber (5 grams) is great also! When meals on the trail can be starch- and fat-heavy and dehydration looms around the corner, having something to...keep things moving...is always nice.

I can't make claims about any distinct energy boost from this product, but I felt full and ready to conquer more after chomping one of these down. 390 calories is quite a punch from 3 oz. of product.

I don't only use these for hiking and trekking. I keep them around the house as much as possible as an emergency breakfast or lunch when I'm running late or when I know I won't be able to stop for long on a busy day at work or out in the world. The calories and substance contained get me through to my next meal with nary a stomach grumble.

One suggestion to the manufacturer would be to add a peel-and-zip packaging that would allow one to eat a portion and zip it back up for later consumption. As previously stated, they are very filling. I would like the ability to securely repackage the remnants of the bar if I can't finish it all at once — it dries out a bit after being open for a while.

Definitely something I would recommend to anyone who needs a long-lasting, tasty, easy-to-carry meal on the go. Great for hiking/trekking, biking, and everyday life.

*I am the general manager of Whole Earth Provision Co. in Southlake, Texas. My views do not necessarily represent the views of Whole Earth Provision Co., its representatives, or its vendors. I pride myself in providing unbiased reviews of products I purchase for my personal use.

Thanks for the review, Sebastian!

Thanks, Sebastian. I also think ProBars are quite tasty, though large (a pro and a con).

Superfood Slam is a nutritional powerhouse. Organic acai berries, pure raspberries, dark chocolate and live greens are blended together with PROBARs 15 signature whole food ingredients for a bar that is good for you and tastes super.

- CampSaver.com

Add organic super-greens, hemp seeds, pure grain dark chocolate, and berries to ProBar's signature 15 whole food ingredients and you have the Superfood Slam Bar. Simply said, this brings a whole lot of antioxidants to an already nutrient-rich bar. The Superfood Slam Bar has a Brazilian super-berry ingredient known to promote healing, and the super-greens blend includes barley grass, oat grass, wheat grass, and alfafa, which boost your immune system and digestive track health. The all-natural, 100% Vegan Superfood Slam Bar is blended to help with easy digestion, so you can get energized quickly on the trail. *12 Bars to a box.

The Superfood Slam Bar by PROBAR is a whole food meal made with all organic ingredients. Created to be 100% vegan in order to cater to all sorts of people who need healthy energy throughout their day. The Superfood Slam bar is made with organic acai berries, pure raspberries, dark chocolate and live greens that are all blended together with PROBAR's 15 signature whole food ingredients. A blast of energy for a full day of adventure.

- RockCreek

The PROBAR Superfood Slam is a nutritional powerhouse. Our organic acai berries, pure raspberries, dark chocolate and live greens are blended together with PROBAR's 15 signature whole food ingredients for a bar that is good for you and tastes SUPER. PROBAR Superfood Slam Features: Delicious meal replacementContains organic Acai berriesRich in Raw foods - 70% RawGood source of Omega 3 and 6Fantastic source of greens from Amazing Grass

- OMCgear