ProBar Whole Berry Blast Bar

Somebody, somewhere landed this in my mailbox. Don't…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (received in Trailspace prize pack)

Summary

Somebody, somewhere landed this in my mailbox. Don't hesitate, for a moment, to buy any.

Pros

• Excellent taste
  • Excellent texture

Cons

• None

Found this in my mailbox, courtesy of somebody, somewhere. Do yourself a favor, and buy a case, they are great. These are kinda along the lines of a Clif Bar, but tastier.

I went to an ultralight backpacking seminar (sponsored…

I went to an ultralight backpacking seminar (sponsored by GoLite, and given by Andrew Skurka) and this was one of the products (ProBar) that he mentioned.  I found them at my local REI for $3 a bar.  I bought this Berry Blast Bar and Art's Original flavor.  I decided to share and had a taste test with my wife and son.

Verdict: Not bad.

There are 340 calories in one of these bars.  It's "seedy" and chewy.  The Berry Blast did have a berry-fruity flavor that helped mask the grains. The texture is like a granola bar/rice crispie treat mix.  Not bad.

I know taste is a subjective thing, but in my opinion I'd give the Berrry Blast a 3.5 out of 5.  (Art's Original would get a 2.5 out of 5. A Snicker's bar is a 5 out of 5!)

I couldn't tell if it would fill me up because I didn't eat the whole thing. Chances are I would want something to go along with it to "top off my tank."  I definitely would consider this as an option for an energy bar.