ProBar Whole Berry Blast Bar

Somebody, somewhere landed this in my mailbox. Don't…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (received in Trailspace prize pack)

Summary

Somebody, somewhere landed this in my mailbox. Don't hesitate, for a moment, to buy any.

Pros

• Excellent taste
  • Excellent texture

Cons

• None

Found this in my mailbox, courtesy of somebody, somewhere. Do yourself a favor, and buy a case, they are great. These are kinda along the lines of a Clif Bar, but tastier.

I went to an ultralight backpacking seminar (sponsored…

I went to an ultralight backpacking seminar (sponsored by GoLite, and given by Andrew Skurka) and this was one of the products (ProBar) that he mentioned.  I found them at my local REI for $3 a bar.  I bought this Berry Blast Bar and Art's Original flavor.  I decided to share and had a taste test with my wife and son.

Verdict: Not bad.

There are 340 calories in one of these bars.  It's "seedy" and chewy.  The Berry Blast did have a berry-fruity flavor that helped mask the grains. The texture is like a granola bar/rice crispie treat mix.  Not bad.

I know taste is a subjective thing, but in my opinion I'd give the Berrry Blast a 3.5 out of 5.  (Art's Original would get a 2.5 out of 5. A Snicker's bar is a 5 out of 5!)

I couldn't tell if it would fill me up because I didn't eat the whole thing. Chances are I would want something to go along with it to "top off my tank."  I definitely would consider this as an option for an energy bar.

ProBar Whole Food Meal Bars are super nutritious and taste great for the same reason, they're made out of real, wholesome ingredients!. Vegan - contain no animal products. No trans fats. Rich in raw foods. Made with organic oats and organic peanut butter. The ProBar philosophy is unprocessed foods taste better than foods made in a lab. Non GMO and made in the USA. If you want an energy bar that tastes better and has great nutrition, check out ProBar meal replacement bars. Weight: 3 oz (85 g). Ingredients vary from flavor to flavor. Available flavors: Art's Original Blend, Whole Berry Blast

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

The Whole Berry Blast bar is made with a delicious Almond Butter base and delivers a harvest taste in every bite. Plump strawberries and sweet blueberries abound in this fruity favorite!

- CampSaver.com

The ultimate complex-carb bar for endurance. Made from whole raw foods and all-natural ingredients, ProBars taste great and keep you feeling satisfied for longer than other energy bars. Also excellent as a healthy mini meal or snack.

- EMS

Over 70% of ProBar's Whole Berry Blend Bar ingredients are organic, so you get an optimal amount of nutrients, not chemicals. This bar has a yummy almond butter base, with strawberries and blueberries. Blended instead of baked, the Whole Berry bar digests quickly, so you have energy for your final push. This ProBar snack also takes less water to digest, allowing the water you take in to go toward hydration instead of breaking down food. Enjoy all 12 of the ProBar Whole Berry Bars in this box.

The Whole Berry Blast Bar by PROBAR is an all natural, real fruit bar that is held together with an Almond Butter base. Plump strawberries and sweet blueberries create this healthy energy boost for your busy day or outdoor adventure. Natural food creates a cleaner fuel, which just makes you feel better and have more spunk in your step.

- RockCreek