Quest Great Basin Outpost

At first I was questionable about buying a tent made…

Design: 3 season cabin-dome
Sleeps: 8-9
Ease of Setup: The tent was not too difficult to set up; The first time was somewhat confusing, but that usually goes with any first time setup.
Weight: 25-30 lbs.
Price Paid: $150 U.S.

At first I was questionable about buying a tent made by "Great Basin" but further information from the sales associate at the Spots Authority informed me that the tent was actually made by Quest for the Sports Authority. So, knowing that it was made by a reliable co. such as Quest, I gave it a shot.

I seam sealed the tent and about an hour after the sealant had dried I got aboout 3 to 4 hours of heavy solid downpour. After the rain subsided I checked the tent for leaks and there was only 1 tiny droplet of water in 1 of the corners. The tent also has the UV-Tex 5 protective coating on the walls, roof, and fly, which helps against those harmful Florida rays I get. All in all the tent was a graet purchase in my opinion.

I purchased this tent from Sports Authority over a…

Design: 3 room condo cabin
Sleeps: 6+
Ease of Setup: very easy
Weight: 15-20
Price Paid: over $100

I purchased this tent from Sports Authority over a year ago. We used it twice last year, 2001. The tent was great (no rain).

I used it once this year, 2002. We had rain most of the weekend, and unfortunately there was more water in my tent than outside. I did seal all seams before and after with no luck. I am very disappointed with this product after what seemed like a great tent--the perfect size and the ease of setting the tent up. The leakage inside the tent upset my whole family.

If you've owned or used a Quest Great Basin Outpost, please share your experience.

Quest Great Basin Outpost

The Quest Great Basin Outpost is not available from the stores we monitor.